Tanker crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Avbug.

I am sadened by the loss of 123, and yet another H&P aircraft.

I do have questions on why another inflight breakup, but I WILL NOT speculate, nor will I pose questions.

I havent been near the TV as I have been on the raod a bit the last few days so all I know is from a picture I saw on the internet.

I ask myself, am I sure I really want to do this kind of work? I think about it for a second, and I say yes. With the latest devoplments this season with 130 and now 123, I'm not sure if I will get the invite for next season.

Again I say, I'm sorry for your loss and the families.

I glad to hear you are back at it, turning in your white shirt for one spotted with aeroshell and avgas(or maybe Jet-A), I hope to maybe seeing you out there next season somewhere.

Fly safe, dirty side down.

LR25

LR25,

I wish I could tell you what happened to T-123. I don't know much of the detail, but only that it broke up and apparently had an onboard explosion (to be expected with a breakup, but probably not the cause).

When T-130 exploded, the cause was immediately apparent and known. T-123 is another matter entirely. It was a good, strong airplane, and the 4Y was the only airplane NOT to have suffered in-flight structural failures of breaks, to date. No longer.

I was involved in a four-engine failure in that airplane, as well as an on-board explosion, and other moments of interest. It was a great airpane, and always brought me back (admittedly sometimes with a little coaxing).

If flying tankers is what you still want to do, then by all means pursue it. Bear in mind, as always, that what has happened so far is part of a normal season. The tanker community is small, so losses form an unusually high percentage (I believe it's sitting somewhere in the 7 percent range right now). This is especially worth considering, bearing in mind that so few hours are flown annually. Nothing negative, but strongly consider the ramifications before getting on board. If you decide to do it, you'll have some great experiences, I'm sure.

We were reactivated today; I got three drops on a fire this afternoon, and managed to paint a helittack crew red. I don't know what the rest of the fleet is doing.

Good luck!

Be careful Avbug----Please, Preflight the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** out of the bastard----
Put the fire out and go home---no more

good luck

We will see Avbug.

Have fun out there.

LR25

Man! Loading up the center section of a 40-50+ yr. old plane with slurry and nothing but short trip fuel in the wings while pulling g's in the turbulence of a fire like that is pretty ballsy stuff. Some might say unsafe. I think those guys need a contract more than anyone!

Latest resources

Back