• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Talon Air out of FRG fined

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I have found interesting in cases such as this, is the willingness on the part of the underwriter to accept in-house training in lieu of formal simulator-based training from one of the vendors.

I'm prohibited from the former, with my clause requiring 12 month simulator-based training, etc...

Now, we carry a quarter bill. in liability, with a reasonably pricey hull value, so maybe some of the underwriters are not so picky with lower liability limits. However, we didn't see that when we operated with less liability on a lower value airframe with our underwriter...

Interesting...

Lack of Training

This is very common with charter operators trying to cut costs by not completing required training.

I remember going thru "On The Job Training" many years ago. I'm lucky I never got killed or killed anyone else.

I am starting to think that this is just the normal SOP for FAR~135 outfits...

Last edited:
Small World....I worked for this operator for about six months. They are the largest 135 operator around. Ironically while I was in the FAA, Talon Air was one of my first 135 Certifications.

The pilots are also responsible to keep current. So there is a fine and the pilots will be violated.

Tough business;)
Richard Wyeroski, Jan 17, 2014 #2

this was another post on the same thread by a fomer FAA inspector....obviously he wasn't doing his job, or this wouldn't have happened..HE should be fined..not the pilots involved

Latest resources

Back