• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Take a Vote: Go or Stay

• Go

Votes: 78 83.0%
  • Stay

Votes: 16 17.0%

• Total voters
I have learned that if a 350 has more than 9 seats, it requires two crew. If the PIC has a stipulation on his/her type that says SIC req'd that would be another example.
For everyone who hasn't read page four or somewhere in there, I quit! My last day is June 1st. I found a CFI job just at the right time. I picked up 6 primary students just like that. So yes, I do have another job. I feel that the right seat of a king air is a 6 month, 100hr job and then you move on. I was never on the insurance. I was never in a position to take over. I never sat left seat. I never even started the plane. If I was given more of a chance to fly the plane I probably would have stayed for another year. So for everyone out there that gets a chance to fly right "sit" seat in a king air, you will learn that is gets very boring after you figure out the ropes. I was a glorified radio monkey. They dangled a carrot in front of me every now and then by letting me land a dead head leg, but it wasn't doing it for me. At 400 hrs I need to be teaching and working on being a better CFI. My instrument skills have gone way down by letting an auto pilot fly every app. that we do. I don't consider my self a pro, and I think it will really help to teach on a daily basis. After having experienced it first hand, I would not put much weight on someones log book if they had 400 hrs of right seat time. I know that this can differ from CP to CP and it makes a world of difference if they put pressure on you to get them from point A to point B, but this was never the case with me. It was a stress free job. You know that pressure feeling that I'm talking about? I think when you have that feeling during a flight, it's called LEARNING or EXPERIENCE.
Take care everyone and thanks for all your comments,
fixer

QUOTE=sky37d]Okay, now i'm really confused.
How do you know if the airplane requires a second pilot?
Under the scenario, type rating, could you assume that if you got a type rating in a Lockheed Jetstar, you could put a non pilot in the front right seat, and it would be legal?? If so, I have an idea who that would be, but I'm holding off on ACTUALLY :rolleyes: purchasing the Jetstar[/QUOTE]

How about logging be-20 time for a 135/91k fractional operator where the op. specs. always require two pilots and the SIC gets to fly empty legs, has a high alt. endorse., and has completed a 135.293/299 checkride. Can all of the time be legitimately logged as SIC as you are a required crewmember at all times?

flyforfood77777 said:
How about logging be-20 time for a 135/91k fractional operator where the op. specs. always require two pilots and the SIC gets to fly empty legs, has a high alt. endorse., and has completed a 135.293/299 checkride. Can all of the time be legitimately logged as SIC as you are a required crewmember at all times?

YES.
If the Ops Specs requires a SIC to be onboard (specifically stated in it), you are checked out and qualified as a SIC then you may log this as SIC time. I would log the 91 legs as PIC if you are the sole manipulator of the controls since you are appropriately rated since the equipment does not require a type. Just remember, insurance reqt's cannot over-ride the ops specs or applicable FAR's.

Last edited:
F16fixer said:
If you get sick you have to pay for a replacement out of your salary and there is no vacation days or sick days.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:nuts: wait i need to breathe :nuts:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU ACTUALLY KEPT LISTENING AFTER THIS? Sweatshop workers in Indonesia have a better deal than this :smash:

My 2 cents

Why in the world would anyone leave a BE350 job to teach primary students??? I can't understand this at all, there is no learning taking place for you when you are sitting in the right seat of a C-172, I operated a Part 91 BE-200 and asked FSI in HOU if someone could monitor the class, no problem was the answer and my friend / CFI got to go through the complete ground school (recurrent) for free. My strategy would be to make yourself so valuable to the CP that he will do whatever to keep you, at least find a better position before leaving. Good luck!

Don't quit to flight instruct, but you should quit.

You are being taken advantage of, just so you can get that all important turbine PIC time. They know you want it, and that's obvious by your compensation. There are operators that fly Caravans and King Air 90s, 100s, and 200s all over the country and I bet 75% would offer a better salary, plus not make you pay for your replacement if you took a sick day. Since you have some BE-200 time, take it and run.

Well, since somebody decided to vote on this poll and resurrect it from more than a year ago.......What'ya do f16fixer?

Move on

You show 1200 hrs TT, that puts you in the 135 IFR PIC. Start looking for your next job, weight your options and move when you find something better. You are not building your resume in your present position, and it does not sound like a career position. You need MEL IFR PIC to make the move into the better jobs. I would even consider a tour at a regional to build time, even a T-Prop regional would get you PIC time fairly quickly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back