• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ta reached at 9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you seriously think these new 900 pinnacle rates won't be whipsawed against us, you either A.) Don't pay attention to this industry's history....or B.) You are naïve.

Either way...you are in for a rude awakening....and so are the pinnacle guys who will vote yes and move on to another DCI carrier.

Half of them (the Capts) will probably be picked up by the 3 legacies that will be hiring tons of pilots, and the other half will remain in the carcass, all 81 CR9s. Face it, BK wins. That's not good, but it's the truth. It's hard to fight a BK.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Many of the senior Comair pilots thought the same way you do. They were offered preferential hiring before 9-11, and turned it down. Many of them could have used that to move up, but instead said no. Something that gives you a better chance than most is a good thing. Also, management controls the hiring, not the pilots. Your grandfathered Compass pilots will still move on and help you move up there, and the other legacies will hire a ton also. Did you just get on with Compass? Where were you before? Comair or ASA?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Preferential hiring is not the same as a flow. And Compass isn't the only airline that flies the E170/175.

How does delt come after you when you are in the middle of a long term contract? We just had a rate reset a year or two ago that was included in the contract when ASA was sold. So how do you come to a company in the middle of a contract and say "these are the new rates now or your done"?

And I think it is despicable how delt treats its regional "partners". I could understand looking for lower rates if delt was losing millions, but when you are making millions or billions and come looking for a reset when you know your "partner" will be operating at a loss... More like a master/servant relationship than "partners". Corporate greed at its finest. Nice job dick. Greed is one of the 7 deadlies!!!!

But whatever.

Does anyone of confirmation that there is no more rate resets? Pinnacle pilots keep saying that the union is telling them at roadshows that Delta is coming after XJT /SKYW next when they pass the TA. Pretty sad to hear that kind of vibe coming from any union leadership, especially when many of their furloughs will apply to XJT or Skywest.

If the TA passes, things may get ugly within the DCI portfolio for Skywest Inc IF there is another rate reset.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

And that doesn't even consider the fact that it's just immoral to not reach out to help your union brothers and sisters at the regional carriers that feed you.

Morality left this business a long time ago, assuming there ever was any therein.

Does anyone of confirmation that there is no more rate resets? Pinnacle pilots keep saying that the union is telling them at roadshows that Delta is coming after XJT /SKYW next when they pass the TA. Pretty sad to hear that kind of vibe coming from any union leadership, especially when many of their furloughs will apply to XJT or Skywest.

If the TA passes, things may get ugly within the DCI portfolio for Skywest Inc IF there is another rate reset.

Gee you think? Skywest doesn't bid to fly routes below cost. Pinnacle does. And if this TA passes, which it will, it's the pilots paying for it. Essentially paying for their jobs.

Not sure about when the next reset may occur. Might just be when the leases for the a/c come up for renewal like when we lost those planes to G7. I know we had one at the 5 year mark which we had to become the second lowest cost DCI carrier.

As far as the 9E union reps saying they should go ahead and vote this TA in because EV & OO are next for concessions, they should be ASHAMED of themselves if true!!!!

Not sure about when the next reset may occur. Might just be when the leases for the a/c come up for renewal like when we lost those planes to G7. I know we had one at the 5 year mark which we had to become the second lowest cost DCI carrier.

As far as the 9E union reps saying they should go ahead and vote this TA in because EV & OO are next for concessions, they should be ASHAMED of themselves if true!!!!

I took it as thier way of saying, "falling on your sword to save the others is futile. It is already known ASA/Expressjet is going to be taking concessions with thier JCBA, then Skywest is next".
Yes, it was directly quoted to me that if ASA/Express had done a quick JCBA they might have gained a little for a while, but when they started squabbling over things like who the PBS vendor was going to be, the company came back and said sorry, the industry is changing, this WILL be a concessionary contract.

I took it as thier way of saying, "falling on your sword to save the others is futile. It is already known ASA/Expressjet is going to be taking concessions with thier JCBA, then Skywest is next".
Yes, it was directly quoted to me that if ASA/Express had done a quick JCBA they might have gained a little for a while, but when they started squabbling over things like who the PBS vendor was going to be, the company came back and said sorry, the industry is changing, this WILL be a concessionary contract.

It is already known?!? Known by whom?

Latest resources

Back