• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

What do you think of the TSA

• Completely worthless

Votes: 93 41.2%
  • Slightly the right idea, just poorly executed/managed.

Votes: 106 46.9%
  • Good, but with a few minor issues

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • Right on

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
The guy I'm flying with this month says that he goes out of his way to make the TSA-Holes miserable when he has spare time. If he has to J/S to work and has a long sit he'll put coins in all his pockets, cellphone, tweezers, fingernail clippers, etc. etc. etc. to make the detector go as far into the red as possible. Then he gets a private screening.

"I think it's your shoes."

"No, it's not my shoes. But it might be my cell phone!"

Every single little beep he calmly takes the coins out of his pocket and puts them in the bowl... On and on and on. Unlaces his shoes all the way to send them through the machine, laces them back all the way... Asks if he can go. Keeps eye contact with the screener and walks off with the bowl of his things in hand. I think he has three bowls in our crew room right now for anyone who needs a doggy dish.

His goal in life is to walk off with one of the big plastic trays. I can't wait to see it!

:)

I'm definitely going to do this. And every time I get a smart alec TSA-Hole I'm going to file a report. I imagine if we flood the machine with complaints it will slow to an abject crawl.

Absolutely worthless! The only difference since pre 9/11 is the ridiculous hassle and inconvenience, security is no better now than before.

As someone else stated, people just want an illusion of security. There seems to be no end to the knee-jerk reactions to aviation. The TSA is simply the biggest knee-jerk in history. Not to mention a violation of civil rights, and an excuse for a lot of uneducated, overpaid punks to harass professionals. Hopefully sometime soon, the TSA will come crumbling down.

And if I go through security one more time in uniform and they call me a flight attentand....I might just hurt someone

deftone

what happened to the avatar of the two chicks "looking" at eachother? I liked that one. Did you get shunned for that one. I did notice the Avatar post was taken away.

TSA=more taxes for more crap

While I agree that it's a awful ridiculous to give the flight crews such a hard time, I don't think we should try and give them a hard time and bitch and moan about them. Maybe we should ask how to make the system better if you don't like it.

Filling your pockets with coins, asking for private screenings, and making their job difficult is not going to solve anything. In fact, thats a little immature if you ask me. In any job you are going to find egotistical people, people that want to give you a hard time, whatever. I mean, who hasn't flown with pilots that are that way? Or police? I mean you name it, there are those kind of people. And it sounds like all TSA are a%%holes, but really, I think most of them are pretty nice if you are nice to them. Just like anything its your own attitude, don't complain, just go through and move on with life. They are doing a job just like you are. Whether they are educated, not educated, speak english well or not, make more or less money, it just doesn't matter. Just accept it and go on. The problem is that the system flawed, so maybe making it better is the side we should focus on.

one TSA guy i met was a former 767capt from TWA, many may nedd the income. at my base, i have to take off my shoes since they have a steel plate in them. as for enhancing security, they give the .

my problem is we won't racially profile which is what needs to be done. our double talking gov't doesn't want to face bad press when coming up for reelection. everything always rides on getting reelected. meanwhile, grandma strips downs to her girdle. "see, no guns or ammo in here , sonny boy!"

Latest resources

Back