• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA wins grievance with company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of the evidence was that the first agreement would have failed significantly. Email records, attendance at the meeting, phone calls records, etc. Get over it.

you are so full of sh!t. They were recalled by what percentage again? It looked like one of the largest voter turnouts our council ever had. Plus our vice chair said at the recall meeting, "I don't have time to go through all my emails or voice mails."

You seem to live by a motto of, "here's another fact I just made up."

Does that evidence come from the exact same group of people that you claim demanded AIP1 killed without a vote before they demanded they should have been allowed a vote on AIP1?

The pilots did an abrupt 180 as soon as Gary started making his threats publicly. The very same people who sent emails, made phone calls, even made long speeches at the MEC meeting against sending the agreement out for a vote suddenly tucked tail and cowered in the corner. Unfortunately for them, no matter how much they insist that they were always in favor of the deal going out for a vote, their emails live in on perpetuity showing the truth.

Too bad. If you had let it go to a vote, and it had failed like you now say it would have, then you would have gotten the arbitration that you wanted all along. That's what GK's "hardball" was all about--from the start, he made it clear that he wanted all the pilots to vote.

Bubba

I didn't give a sh!t then what Gary wanted, and I still don't.

All of the evidence was that the first agreement would have failed significantly. Email records, attendance at the meeting, phone calls records, etc.

Does that evidence come from the exact same group of people that you claim demanded AIP1 killed without a vote before they demanded they should have been allowed a vote on AIP1?

The pilots did an abrupt 180 as soon as Gary started making his threats publicly.
You made my point for me. You can't claim the evidence shows AIP1 would have failed due to the sentiment of the group when the exact group you are referencing very loudly demanded a vote should have been given and punctuated that stance with a recall of the officials that denied the vote!

PCl has offered some info of actual value here.

The pilots did an abrupt 180 as soon as Gary started making his threats publicly. The very same people who sent emails, made phone calls, even made long speeches at the MEC meeting against sending the agreement out for a vote suddenly tucked tail and cowered in the corner. Unfortunately for them, no matter how much they insist that they were always in favor of the deal going out for a vote, their emails live in on perpetuity showing the truth.

Key word "publicly". The status reps and the merger committee and the ALPA staff had all that info way before the vote bc GK had briefed them in Dallas. But they didn't tell us all that.

In fact, the status reps and the EVP made sure GK's briefing was not quoted to the pilots. The Merger Committee SIC described it in detail on our forum later how the EVP and status reps went out of their way to cover it up. The MC chairman apparently went along. Thanks again.

All of the evidence was that the first agreement would have failed significantly. Email records, attendance at the meeting, phone calls records, etc. Get over it.

The meeting, singular. One meeting, attended by maybe 200 guys, on the most career-changing decision of your life. I was there. Of those 200, maybe 75% were against but, as you just admitted above, they'd have thought differently if ALPA had been honest.

That doesn't match what the Merger Comm SIC said on our forum. He said our EVP joined in squashing publication of the GK threats by saying, "we owe GK confidentiality". Sounds like the pilots took a back seat to GK.

Too bad.

Too bad you didn't go along with the intent of what you agreed to do in the PA. You would have gotten what you really wanted--arbitration--and, you would have avoided a lot of the crap that's going on now. That is, of course, if the first agreement really would have "failed significantly."

Bubba

You made my point for me. You can't claim the evidence shows AIP1 would have failed due to the sentiment of the group when the exact group you are referencing very loudly demanded a vote should have been given and punctuated that stance with a recall of the officials that denied the vote!

You're missing the key point, Howie: the group changed their opinion only after Gary made his threats public. Up until that point, the group was adamantly opposed to the SIA. It's unlikely that Gary would have started issuing threats in the middle of a vote on SIA1, so the vote almost certainly would have failed. Which, I believe, is what Gary wanted all along, anyway.

Your right PCL.

ALPA should have kept those threats secret from it's membership.

Good job!

ALPA didn't keep any threats secret. The threats merely became more "direct" after the SIA was voted down. It was all very vague before then. But the vague threats were in the MC's presentation. They were so vague, however, that some members of the MEC didn't even consider them to be threats at all.

Latest resources

Back