• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA TA Failure and downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many pilots do you know who understand what you just said? We have to many dumb senior guys who left their 401k in all stocks. Now we have to clean up their mess for another 5 years beyond what they expected to be working for.

This is true, however, now is the time to get out of bonds and get into foreign investments and gold/silver to preserve your wealth as the dollar plummets further. We are going to see different times ahead as the recession worsens and inflation and interest rates start skyrocketing.

Many senior fellas are financially unaware, but I impede the warning to get out of bonds because they are going to take a dump. With 11.5 trillion in debt and China holding the strings, its just a matter of time when our U.S treasury bonds don't look attractive to China, Japan, India, Russia or Brazil. ( the BRIC countries). Our bonds linked to the United States will be substantially lower in value.

Now is the time to preserve your wealth abroad in foreign countries that are not tied to the U.S. When we recover late in the next decade, that will be the time to re-invest in the US.

Take Care

This is true, however, now is the time to get out of bonds and get into foreign investments and gold/silver to preserve your wealth as the dollar plummets further. We are going to see different times ahead as the recession worsens and inflation and interest rates start skyrocketing.

Many senior fellas are financially unaware, but I impede the warning to get out of bonds because they are going to take a dump. With 11.5 trillion in debt and China holding the strings, its just a matter of time when our U.S treasury bonds don't look attractive to China, Japan, India, Russia or Brazil. ( the BRIC countries). Our bonds linked to the United States will be substantially lower in value.

Now is the time to preserve your wealth abroad in foreign countries that are not tied to the U.S. When we recover late in the next decade, that will be the time to re-invest in the US.

Take Care
Thanks, Dad. I suppose non of the senior pilots have professional money managers. They should just listen to your part time skillz instead?

Thanks, Dad. I suppose non of the senior pilots have professional money managers. They should just listen to your part time skillz instead?

I believe most of the professional money managers are the same that lost 40% or more as the market has corrected to non-inflated levels. For instance, many professional managers I've spoke with don't know the difference between inflation and core inflation. Another warning, don't trust professional money managers trying to invest in US based investments.

I just make solid decisions based on realistic economic fundamentals. I'm just hoping others make good fundamental investment decisions to preserve their wealth when things turn for the worse. Take a good look at investing in gold and silver while they are low.

Take care,

Diversify

I Take a good look at investing in gold and silver while they are low.

Take care,

If you are thinking of gold, a suggestion, make sure it is only a small portion of your portfolio I believe gold is just too volatile to puts too many eggs in one basket. Source a UAL Captain I flew with in the reserves. He said the US economy is going tank big time in 1982, it had already tanked. He bought gold at $800/oz in 1982 dollars. Where has gold been since 1982?

change of subject real quick...

I am a SWA poolie and I just had a birthday. I got a personally signed birthday card from everyone in the People Dept. That is pretty damn cool! The company that I work for now didn't even do that. Says alot about the people at SWA (and my current company)

Ok, back to TA talk....

If you are thinking of gold, a suggestion, make sure it is only a small portion of your portfolio I believe gold is just too volatile to puts too many eggs in one basket. Source a UAL Captain I flew with in the reserves. He said the US economy is going tank big time in 1982, it had already tanked. He bought gold at $800/oz in 1982 dollars. Where has gold been since 1982?

You are absolutely correct, history shows that gold is volatile. Here's why I think gold is in the bull market. Gold is now gaining value against other world currencies and even the central bankers, including the federal reserve, bank of England, ECB, etc. have figured out that they've been creating inflation and debasing currencies. This will eventually sink in and people will find gold a safe place to be. People will also rediscover gold and there's already talk of replacing the world's reserve currency.

I think countries with troubled currencies will turn to gold, rather than stronger paper currencies. ie. Venezuela, Russia, Argentina, Mexico. This of course will be from lessons about to be learned from our very own United States and how we're currently diminishing the value of our dollar.

Central banks are becoming buyers instead of sellers and China has been slowly reducing the amount of dollars and buying gold with the debt we owe them. 11.5 trillion and counting, gaining 1 trillion a year.

Gold is a precious metal, which represents real effort to be mined, formed, and minted. It's known internationally as something that represents real value. What value does the dollar have? its a currency that is paper and as of 1971 is no longer backed by gold reserves.

My last point is at the peak of the market in 1920, the Dow was worth over 20 ounces of gold. In the later trough, the dow matched gold 1 to 1 ratio at 36 to 36$ an ounce. Ok still with me, in 2002 the Dow's difference to gold was a 44 to 1 ratio, which is absurd. If we were to repeat history and go back to a 1 to 1 ratio it would mean an ounce of gold would go from 900 an oz. to $8,000 an oz. Or, lets say the dow drops to 4,000. Gold would would be $3,000 higher than you bought it.

I'm not saying gold would go to a 1 to 1, but correct itself to a 3 to 1 ratio. It's happened before.

Take Care,

I am a SWA poolie and I just had a birthday. I got a personally signed birthday card from everyone in the People Dept. That is pretty damn cool! The company that I work for now didn't even do that. Says alot about the people at SWA (and my current company)

Ok, back to TA talk....

Last year I got a card from Gary, even though his secretary signed it, I thought the same thing. pretty damn cool. I love this place, but we need to protect our contract language in the scope, Codeshare, Merger departments to get you on here. I hope you get a class date sooner than later, but just stay prepared and do your best to enjoy life with family, friends.

Maybe?

I'm not saying gold would go to a 1 to 1, but correct itself to a 3 to 1 ratio. It's happened before.

Take Care,
Good points, But again make gold part of a diversified plan. I have about 5% in Vanguard Precious Metals Fund. Not all of the upside of Gold, but not all of the downside either. One of my best performers over the last three years Vanguard GMNA Fund.

Ok, back to TA talk....

that is very cool... nice to read something positive. happy birthday from one poolie to another.

Good points, But again make gold part of a diversified plan. I have about 5% in Vanguard Precious Metals Fund. Not all of the upside of Gold, but not all of the downside either. One of my best performers over the last three years Vanguard GMNA Fund.

I like the vanguard precious metals fund, but be very careful with the GMNA fund. I would watch that one closely. I like your diversified thinking though.

Now lets get some good negotiations going on here at SWA and get a decent TA we can vote for and be happy with. I'm afraid of the hard times ahead.

Take Care,

Latest resources

Back