• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA TA Failure and downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get over it (and get over yourself). The vote is in, done. The train has left the station, ship has sailed. You lost the vote. THAT, my friend, is the democratic process. Like it or not. Now stop scaring yourself and start trying to effectuate change. You guys will get whatever you fight for... but ya' gotta' fight. Nobody's going to give it to you.

SW pilots were living in a bubble since their post 9/11 fuel hedges helped their company massively expand. But all good things come to an end at some point. Now it's time to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Show what kind of unionists you are. Like I said, nobody's gonna' give it to you. Ya' gotta' man up. Mgmt expects that.

SW is still a very well-run airline and fuel-hedging aside there is no reason why mgmt should be able to farm out your work. SCOPE... THAT is what the no votes were about.

Last edited:
Get over it (and get over yourself). The vote is in, done. The train has left the station, ship has sailed. You lost the vote. THAT, my friend, is the democratic process. Like it or not. Now stop scaring yourself and start trying to effectuate change. You guys will get whatever you fight for... but ya' gotta' fight. Nobody's going to give it to you.

SW pilots were living in a bubble since their post 9/11 fuel hedges helped their company massively expand. But all good things come to an end at some point. Now it's time to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Show what kind of unionists you are. Like I said, nobody's gonna' give it to you. Ya' gotta' man up. Mgmt expects that.

SW is still a very well-run airline and fuel-hedging aside there is no reason why mgmt should be able to farm out your work. SCOPE... THAT is what the no votes were about.

Well said! Our group (NetJets) woke up in 2004/2005 and finally had said enough! You will only get what you fight for. Stop thinking the TA vote was bad, it's just a new beginning guys. Get a new NC and kick some arse!

Sheared I just want to ask you one question. If and that is a big IF, we have any furloughs will you pick up open time?

Sure he will but he'll tell you that he is not picking up - he always flies 130tfp so flying 130tfp with brothers on the street is not picking up "extra."

If and when this ever happens 89 is fine. It should sting a little as a reminder that our brothers and sisters are making 0 tfp.

Gup

Last I looked I still got paid on the 20th, life is still a lot better than at ASA.

no doubt. I don't see anyone on this thread arguing that we have it bad. Many of us are saying that the TA was lacking and we'd like to see some stuff get fixed prior to making it our CBA. Sheared disagrees. his right.

if your only criteria for a good contract is that you get paid on the 5th and 20th, well, you have very low standards and would probably be happy at most any airline, since most are meeting their payrolls. even the ones in and out of bankruptcy. some have gone under for good and that sucks. but to say that the TA was good because you got paid on the 20th is a non sequitur.

Sheared I just want to ask you one question. If and that is a big IF, we have any furloughs will you pick up open time?

I would no more pick up extra trips with someone on furlough than I would cross a picket line. Would never happen. You guys are devolving into insults again, which makes for a boring conversation.

And you're also missing the point about the money. It's not the absolute amount of the money I am discussing, it is the tradeoff. I contend that you have some heartburn over some stuff. I have heartburn as well.

But when offered the trade of $1,400 per month, or the heartburn, I make a rational decision, I'll take the $1,400 per month. Just like when I buy a car, I decide the trade off between the amount the car costs me and the amount I want the car.

I claim you folks are living in an odd fantasy world, where you get to keep all the money, get to keep all the retro, and get to keep all the good stuff that you tournament-play in the contrat. Cake, meet eat it too.

If gaming the ELITT system is seriously worth about $1,400/month to you, why wouldn't you just take the $1,400, give up on the gaming and live a simpler life? I doubt it is worth that much, unless you're a lance.

Here's an interesting question: if the company came to you and asked you to take a lower than contract guarantee to keep guys on the property, and assuming you would vote yes on that question, would you have been better off with a 10% raise (or 6%) and the cut in line totals, or no raise?

Well, you chose no raise. I claim you wouldn't be better off.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back