SWAPA TA Failure and downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey MILC17PILOT,

Looks like another SWA guy used the "F" Word. If you can pull your head out of the sand, you probably need to call DH2WN an "idiot" for not free basing the koolaid.

DH2WN,

You mentioned these senior guys losing their money in the market. I gotta raise a flag on this. This may be a good excuse to hang around, but if you were pushing 60 what would your portfolio look like? Would you be heavily invested in stocks or would you be mostly in bonds and cash? Just an observation when I hear you guys talk about these older guys. Looks to me that it's a good excuse to hang around and milk the system. What would the excuse for a 60+ guy be if the market would have gone up 8% in 2008?

Most of them lost their shirts because they are stupid....They did not plan for retirement and now we have to pay their bill!

I think that if you read the thread it is really only 2 or 3 guys that are out of step with the majority that voted the TA down. that is their right and if they had a pair they'd be over on one of the union specific websites/forums expounding their brilliance, instead they are here. also their right.

frankly, I think if we voted today it would be a larger no than it was. but we'll never know. the next TA will be different and we'll debate that when the time comes.

Once again the "spin" doctors are out :rolleyes:

95 votes is a "majority" but not by much ;)

Reebo;1839083 95 votes is a "majority" but not by much ;)[/QUOTE said:
Considering it happened for the first time in the history of SWAPA and IN SPITE of a yes-recommendation from the Board of Directors, I think this indicates a tectonic shift in SWAPA's make up and it's significance cannot be overstated. This isn't Herb's airline (or association) anymore...

Considering it happened for the first time in the history of SWAPA and IN SPITE of a yes-recommendation from the Board of Directors, I think this indicates a tectonic shift in SWAPA's make up and it's significance cannot be overstated. This isn't Herb's airline (or association) anymore...

Good point!!!!

DH2WN,

You mentioned these senior guys losing their money in the market. I gotta raise a flag on this. This may be a good excuse to hang around, but if you were pushing 60 what would your portfolio look like? Would you be heavily invested in stocks or would you be mostly in bonds and cash? Just an observation when I hear you guys talk about these older guys. Looks to me that it's a good excuse to hang around and milk the system. What would the excuse for a 60+ guy be if the market would have gone up 8% in 2008?

How many pilots do you know who understand what you just said? We have to many dumb senior guys who left their 401k in all stocks. Now we have to clean up their mess for another 5 years beyond what they expected to be working for.

Latest resources

Back