• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA TA Failure and downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shearshaft...relax. We haven't yet staffed a new NC. Eventually that will happen. Don't go through life scared. A whole new TA will show up and we will again have a chance to allow the democratic process run it's course.

And I really don't care how long it takes to get a new TA.

Looks like some of the lance whining will be all for not. Some will be forced to be an FO now effectively ending the grandfathering.

they still keep their star if they stay in base. so, they are in effect grandfathered. and I don't consider it whining to complain about taking a 40-50K a year pay cut while the rest of the pilots get raises. and no, I'm not a lance but one of the reasons I voted no was because of the arbitrary nature of the lance changes.

The lances were thrown under the bus to benefit the senior captain crowd...like the rest of the contract did. Elections are this fall...I recommend not voting for a 4 digit guy this time (for anything)

they still keep their star if they stay in base. so, they are in effect grandfathered. and I don't consider it whining to complain about taking a 40-50K a year pay cut while the rest of the pilots get raises. and no, I'm not a lance but one of the reasons I voted no was because of the arbitrary nature of the lance changes.

Only if they go to the base they upgraded in. Doesn't help much if you upgraded in OAK and are based in BWI like many did. So now they take a pay cut anyway or move across the country. This was a shrewed move by the company. Kind of sticking it to those who think we are impervious to world economy. i.e. you want grandfathering well then have a cutback and call me in the morning. Next we'll have a furlough. Yeah for Paul Emmens for single handedly f-ing all of us with his age 65 crap.

The lances were thrown under the bus to benefit the senior captain crowd...like the rest of the contract did. Elections are this fall...I recommend not voting for a 4 digit guy this time (for anything)

Ditto. Never again will a 4 digit guy hold office. Everyone is pretty much fed up with the junior bashing that has been going on for far too long.

Sad this company is taking a turn like this but it was bound to happen when the greed that has come about by the senior guys because they lost their retirement to the market.

Face it, when they got hired in the 80s and early 90s it was because they couldn't get on with a legacy. Now we have to deal with them until they medical out. Hopefully sooner than later.

Last edited:
DH2,
That is true but they can still lance. All they have to do is get rid of their line in BWI first...not that hard right now IMO

DH2,
That is true but they can still lance. All they have to do is get rid of their line in BWI first...not that hard right now IMO

I think you mean drop their line in OAK first.... Possible but they will still be commuting to OAK at least once a month. Nevertheless, this was a good move for the company and I think they will do it again for up to 100 more captains. We are stuffed to the gills with captains = to the amount who were supposed to retire. They aren't retiring, dying, or medical out quick enough so the company is forced to back flow. I don't blame them but it should be an eyeopener to everyone. The lances shouldn't be so Primadonna and those who cry for them. I didn't hear any lances crying when Emmens was pushing to use dues money to screw the FOs and stunt their ability to upgrade and lose money. Not a single one cared. Therefore screw'em. There should be no grandfathering.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back