• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA NO voters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bubba darlin, you have let your self-control slip away. You started out not long ago with some intelligent questions and valuable insight. But running your trap about last year's raise at AAI is making you look bad. You have NO idea about what we would've gotten and you're not really entitled to opine about it. So, here's your "thanks"....

Thanks for buying us, and the great future your company will give us.

But you can go pound sand if you think ANY of the 1741 AAI guys owe you thanks for our paltry pay increase. Buzz off on this subject and you'll look a LOT smarter.

This is the only time that 'Tankerhead' and I have ever agreed on anything.

:D

I know..... let's all vote NO....... let's help out the Trannys and keep them where they are...... I'm sure Ty likes it right where he is at. I want to keep him, and his kind ...... right where they are. Hopefully, the AT guys will realize they are getting the shaft and vote NO...... End all SWA tyranny! Vote no to save your careers.......

What is the difference between SWA tyranny and a Tranny?........ Just the why! (y)

Check back in a while and see how the oppressed tranny's did.

Six Legs

I know..... let's all vote NO....... let's help out the Trannys and keep them where they are...... I'm sure Ty likes it right where he is at. I want to keep him, and his kind ...... right where they are. Hopefully, the AT guys will realize they are getting the shaft and vote NO...... End all SWA tyranny! Vote no to save your careers.......

What is the difference between SWA tyranny and a Tranny?........ Just the why! (y)

Check back in a while and see how the oppressed tranny's did.

Six Legs

Brother, you know we are no longer allowed to take liquor off the airplane :)

This is the only time that 'Tankerhead' and I have ever agreed on anything.

:D

Glad I could bring you two together. Hey, I already admitted I was a little over the top, but I couldn't let what Ty Webb said go without comment. Kinda like you guys not letting SWA bashes go without comment. Ty said (or rather implied) that he personally was screwed by SWA. That he only got an 8% payraise in your current contract when he "would have got" 20-30%, if not for SWA. How exactly IS that? Is is just him, or do the rest of you guys really believe that? You make a broad accusation like that without a shred of proof, you should be taken to task.

Ty, you said: "What do you care, anyway? It doesn't really have anything to do with you." I care because I see it as you slandering my company. I can imagine if I had made similar statements about Airtran and then said it nothing to do with YOU guys. I'm sure you would have had something to say.

Alright, go ahead and have the last word here, and then we'll all get over it. Hopefully no lasting hard feelings.

Bubba

Dear Bubba-

I'm writin' this reeaaaal sloowwww, 'cause I know you don't read too fast.

I wasn't sayin' nuthin' bad 'bout SWA, but I don't 'xpect yore gonna understand that, on account of you fallin' out of that tree on your haid when we was little.

I know sometimes you gets mad over stuff you don't understand, but that's OK, I'm still yore friend.

Your buddy,

Forrest.

Last edited:
Dear Bubba-

I'm writin' this reeaaaal sloowwww, 'cause I know you don't read too fast.

I wasn't sayin' nuthin' bad 'bout SWA, but I don't 'xpect yore gonna understand that, on account of you fallin' out of that tree on your haid when we was little.

I know sometimes you gets mad over stuff you don't understand, but that's OK, I'm still yore friend.

Your buddy,

Forrest.

Actually, I liked the FIRST way you wrote this post better, before you completely replaced it with the Forrest Gump version; the first one was more, well... you know,... you:
Bubba,

Grow the f___ up.

Seriously.

If you didn't mean to say anything bad about SWA, then you've shown some really some bad communication skills on occasion. WaveFlyer made a comment that you got an "improved contract w/o striking" due to the acqusition. Your reply to that idea was: "I, along with most other AAI Captains, got a whopping 8% raise, after 6 years of negotiations. We would have gotten 20-30%. I'll be on this contract for 4 years. Thanks a bunch." The implication in your reply to Wave is that the aquisition hurt you in that the contract netted you only 8% raise instead of 20-30% you would have gotten had there been no acqusition. Do you really not see that implication? That's a serious question, by the way.

Tell you what-- I will just ask straight out and clearly. And don't worry, I'll still be your friend regardless: Do you, Ty Webb, really believe that SWA's acquistion of Airtran, caused you to suffer under a substantially lower-paying AAI contract, than if there had been no acquisition? There, a simple yes or no, and there will be no more misunderstanding. Either you said it poorly, or the rest of us heard it poorly, or what was implied was indeed what you meant.

A simple answer and it will all be cleared up, there won't be anymore mud-slinging or name calling, and we can all go back to being friends. Sound reasonable? (And don't forget to type your answer slow, so I can read it, okay? :))

Thanks.
Bubba

PS By the way, thank you very much for the professional, curteous, and mature advice in your original post. I'll take it under advisement.

Bubba,

Would it make you feel better if Ty said yes? Does it really matter?

Negotiations are over. Therefore I say we cut 'em some slack until the vote closes.

Gup

Today I cast my ballot for the proposed integration agreement. I wish I could say it was an easy decision but it was not. It would have been a lot easier had it not been a forced decision. I wish the negotiations would have been smoother without the drama. It would have been easier to digest if I had at least gained 1 seniority number as an improvement from the earlier agreement. Had the 450 junior pilots at AT not been completely and utterly thrown under the bus. I will get over it and move on, but the loss of over $100K due to the stupidity of our union leadership will weigh heavy on my mind for a while. I am sorry to our SW brothers and sisters that had to sit back and watch this debacle knowing full well what would happen. I hope that you at SW do realize that MANY of us were extremely disappointed in the behavior of our union representatives.
But as I said, its time to move on. I look forward to eventually getting to enjoy the many benefits that come along with working for SWA.

Cheers.... Somebody hand me a beer!!!

Latest resources

Back