• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA NC resigns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They worked four years to get the TA, they forward the TA to the membership as the best they could do, the membership rejects the TA as not good enough, you state it "sucked", after that rebuke what do you expect them to do? The right thing to do is resign and allow those who think there is more meat on the bone an opportunity to go get it.

If the TA "sucked", why would you want them as your negotitors? Obviously you think the product they produced after four years was far below expectations. Why not volunteer yourself to fill their shoes?

I'm not sure that I agree. Had the TA failed by a large margin I could see your point, but the TA failed by less than 1%. That's an indication to me that the current NC should go back to the table and fix the few items that the pilots are unhappy with. With such a close vote, I'd bet that a few small adjustments to scope, lance CAs, and ELITT would yield a landslide ratification vote. But with the resignation of the NC, they'll now be set back by 6+ months, most likely.

I don't work for LUV, ain't got a dog in this fight (sorry mike vick) but I'd say the company crafted a damn fine document there, only failing by 1%. A little tweaking here and there, send back out to the boyz with a little more spin on it, and it'll pass by 1%, which is all they need, but more importantly all they really want.

A grass roots truly national union is the only thing that's gonna save this profession, IMHO.

Why not go back and make more than 51% happy your objective, instead of just turning the ********************s into a hard one, make it a piece of cake that we can all eat.

Direct from CK the sheeple:
Our NC resigned this week after over four years of long, demanding work

Sweet. Nothing like giving up half-way through. No wonder the TA sucked.

CK bugs the crap out of me, but your bile directed at the NC is out of line since it's customary for a NC to resign after a failed TA. CK meddled with the Committee and undermined their work and the process, how are they supposed to go back to the table and extract significant gains from the company? As miserable and time consuming as it is, it's best to enpanel a new Committee and leave all the old baggage behind.

The NC did not seek what the membership wanted! Plain and simple. Ask your reps what the polling showed about an entirely new open time system. Ask your reps what the membership said about raises. Ask you reps what the membership said about ELITT.

The membership didn't ask for the changes we received.

If the NC isn't going to abide by the polling data then they needed to quit.

Either that or when TA2 comes out just as bad Carl can say "see I told you so."

Gup

Personally, I thought the TA as written was a damn fine document. Now we all get to fall on the sword because to keep the prima donna LC's happy they're going to ask for concessions in another part of the contract (read pay and/or retro) and that ain't gonna happen. So now we're back to square one. Don't be surprised if CM phones the FAA and the FAA shuts down the LC program out of hand. Woudn't that be funny... uh I mean ironic.

If you sit back all the time and let "those union guys..." do all your work, odds are they'll end up out of touch and the line pilots won't like the product. For the union to be "us", we have to step up here and there and offer our services. Otherwise, the company is "them", the union is "them", and nobody ever is satisfied.

Man . . . . Ain't that the truth. Well-put Albie. That oughta be a sticky.

Ty

all of you peeps who trash a nc have no clue. Your nc is not a "dictate conditions" committee. Your nc negotiates. The TA's they sign are the result of negotiations. I assure you that the nc did not just go in, sit down, and ask management what management wanted.
Jeez pilots are naive.

instead they negotiated stuff that we didn't ask for (open time system) while ignoring long standing and onerous gripes (reserve rules, vacation poaching, no right of return), meanwhile they chose this moment to enhance the seniority of the top 25% while we are in zero growth mode. anyone else wonder why it was 60/40 yes from captains and 60/40 no from FOs. if for not other reason, this disparity shows the NC came out with an inequitable product.

I appreciate their hard work but somewhere along the last 2.5 years the process got skewed and the result was a hot mess. some good that was overwhelmed by more bad. if not for the union led fear campaign (vote yes OR ELSE) it would have failed by a much larger margin.

I just read that the union is going to "survey our entire pilot group". My question all along was why didn't we do that to start with. How in the world did the union ever expect the NC to operate without a complete survey of all the pilots. No wonder they were out of touch.

Latest resources

Back