• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I took a paycut and went to the end of the line when I went to WN. Seems to me that anything better than that is a bonus.

Gup

Doesn't everyone take a pay cut and go to the back of the line when they CHOOSE to make a career move.

Doesn't everyone take a pay cut and go to the back of the line when they CHOOSE to make a career move.

No offense here, and I'm not gonna chime in on the whole "staple" issue (at least right now), but you're saying this as if the majority of your list (especially the FO's) wouldn't have CHOSEN to become SWA pilots if given the option pre Sept 27th. As if being bought was this horrible thing that happened to you and you are just trying to cope with it. Disingenuous to say the least. Sheesh!

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

PS I think this is, in essence, the crux of the issue. SWA guys changed their lives to get this job, whereas AAI guys are getting it without the effort that we had to put into it, but yet we're the a-holes for expecting you guys to be a little realistic about the value of your career at AAI and the major increase in that value just by becoming part of our family. At better seniority than all of us started when we became part of SWA, I might add.

From reading all these posts... my conclusion is.....

AirTran pilots = A bunch of ungrateful b@stards!

No eloquence here!

They aren't all like the handful here!

That's a great avatar pic. If I did AM's I'd be lucky to see something so beautiful.

Gup

NO DEAL HAS BEEN MADE YET!!! Proposals are proposals which mean they can be adjusted. Would ALL you guys on both sides quit acting like three year olds. We are going to be working together in the near future an this bickering has zero value.

From reading all these posts... my conclusion is.....

AirTran pilots = A bunch of ungrateful b@stards!

No eloquence here!

Ahhhhh......you must be one of the Check FO Kernals that my SW buddies bitch about.

5 posts?, you're a little late in the game for this Kernal. You must of been on AD learning to fly one of those awesome drones. Do you guys still were your G-suits while sitting in the trailer?

Last edited:
I think the generalizations are disingenuous. I don't know that the majority of our pilot group would have taken a new hire job at WN if given the opportunity prior to 9/27 as some insinuate, it's pure speculation. Were there 850 of our pilots that had aps in with WN?

No one questions that one can make more money at WN, we are in the process of determining what that additional money is worth in terms of seniority. To some of us it's not worth as much as you think it is. We are entitled to our opinions just as you are. Sorry the majority of us don't see it your way, that's why we are negotiating.

KP, You must be a JOY to fly with! Cutting down military guys like that! Keep your comments about those who defend your freedom to yourself. I consider people like you to be wannabes... oh boo whoo!

KP, You must be a JOY to fly with! Cutting down military guys like that! Keep your comments about those who defend your freedom to yourself. I consider people like you to be wannabes... oh boo whoo!

So, you didn't answer the question. Do you were your G-suit in the trailer while piloting your drone?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back