• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA looking to capture more Capt seats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think all of us would like to put this behind us. But the great white leader in Dallas has to keep mucking things up along the way. Getting rid of airplanes (to our number one competitor, no less), deviating from the transition bid (which was mostly a stab in the dark to begin with), placing most of their key transition target dates close to 1 Jan 2015, and not showing any real sense of urgency with the whole transition progress. Makes it hard to just ignore what is going on and just being along for the ride. Not that we have much choice one way or the other. There just hasn't been anything that has impressed the pilot group with this whole process, other than not being furloughed. And I suspect that will be the next card played by SWA management if things don't go their way or we finally take care of Iran.

Well, yes really. No guns. Any photo's of guns? No. Company was ready to complete their side of the deal, go to arbitration, any proof, other than hearsay, to the contrary? No. Your right, if you repeat a Truth enough it is still the truth.

I have no doubt you had pressure applied, but thats called leverage and you guys fell for it, negotiations 101. We fall for it all the time! Welcome aboard!

Well, yes really. No guns. Any photo's of guns? No. Company was ready to complete their side of the deal, go to arbitration, any proof, other than hearsay, to the contrary? No. Your right, if you repeat a Truth enough it is still the truth.

I have no doubt you had pressure applied, but thats called leverage and you guys fell for it, negotiations 101. We fall for it all the time! Welcome aboard!

Well you've harped on it enuff, so like I said, if you say it enuff, people will believe you. 84% of the FL voters did not believe you. That's why it was voted in. I do now believe what you say about your mgmt. now however. It's sad, I had high hopes for the whole thing but it is what it is.

I'm a SWA guy and hope the company gives the Airtran guys pay parity. Doesn't hurt me anything. Will the company do it? Doubtful. But it would be nice.

Hard to believe some of the guys at Airtran who opposed their membership from having the ability to vote on TA1 are still involved with the jobs in the Airtran ALPA union. Really??? Then they are on this thread pissed at SWAPA for not doing more. WTFO?? Oh yeah they still are involved in their union with positions. What the heck is wrong with Airtran union? These dudes should be gone from any union position. Look what some of these clowns did to you over there. Unfrickinbelievable. Or maybe the pilots over there don't care?? So then why should SWAPA?

Last edited:
I'm a SWA guy and hope the company gives the Airtran guys pay parity. Doesn't hurt me anything. Will the company do it? Doubtful. But it would be nice.

Hard to believe some of the guys at Airtran who opposed their membership from having the ability to vote on TA1 are still involved with the jobs in the Airtran ALPA union. Really??? Then they are on this thread pissed at SWAPA for not doing more. WTFO?? Oh yeah they still are involved in their union with positions. What the heck is wrong with Airtran union? These dudes should be gone from any union position. Look what some of these clowns did to you over there. Unfrickinbelievable. Or maybe the pilots over there don't care?? So then why should SWAPA?

SWA management has all the leverage. They are the ones who have and will inflict the necessary pain until all AirTran pilots capitulate. The can write any agreement or side letter without having to worry about actually following through with content of these agreements. They just change the rules to fit their needs. SWAPA represents SWA pilots. Even though the SLI is over SWAPA will continue to take whatever they can from the AirTran pilots. That's sad to me, but it's what Steve Chase and the rest of you want apparently. All things considered this has to be one of the worst integrations of pilots in terms of time and changes to expectations post SLI.

SWA management has all the leverage. They are the ones who have and will inflict the necessary pain until all AirTran pilots capitulate. The can write any agreement or side letter without having to worry about actually following through with content of these agreements. They just change the rules to fit their needs. SWAPA represents SWA pilots. Even though the SLI is over SWAPA will continue to take whatever they can from the AirTran pilots. That's sad to me, but it's what Steve Chase and the rest of you want apparently. All things considered this has to be one of the worst integrations of pilots in terms of time and changes to expectations post SLI.

Humvee,

I agree with most things you post and I can't disagree that this should have gone smoother, but how is SWAPA continuing to take and take from the AAI pilots?

Looks like it's time to start your version of the Crandall Crawl.

Latest resources

Back