SWAPA Info packet FEDEXed to all AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Madjack,

Good, reasoned posts. I'm finding it difficult to understand why the AAI group can't seem to get their mind around the idea that the SWA pilot group can, indeed, be negatively impacted through this acquisition. And that something will need to be done to address that fact.
Who says we can't?

There are scenarios that would hurt the SWA pilots and many of us have gone on record saying that wouldn't be fair and that we don't want that. We absolutely recognize that it should and WILL be addressed.

There are plenty of ways to eliminate most of that negative impact that don't involve a Swingline for large portions of our group and I trust our respective negotiators to find that "sweet spot".

Keep the faith, don't stress it, it'll all work out. :beer:

Got the packet, not offended, thought it was interesting info.
I will wait and see what the negotiated SLI is and vote accordingly.

I have no dog in this fight, and I don't have any comment on fair SLI's. But I have to say to my SWA friends, you guys bought a carrier with an RLA/NMB recognized, organized pilot group. The FedGov dictates the process, not the individual pilots of either carrier. Be nice to the AAI pilots, they are not able to control the situation. Additionally, they've fought the good fight for years and years against a management team that is 180 degrees opposite to yours. Think of it this way: if you adopt an abused dog from the animal shelter - you either have to accept that it has issues and treat it accordingly until it comes around, or you get bit. If you get bit, you blame the dog and put it to sleep, but did you really accomplish anything at the end of the day?
I'm not sure whether I just got insulted or not...

Woof. lol ;)

Is the packet SWA sent posted anywhere?

In lieu of reading dozens of pages of why everyone is pissed, I'd like to get an idea of what was in it.

Trannies gonna learn the hard way what it means to have no leverage.

Remember ALPA never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. If they don't get with the program soon and stop dragging their feet they are going to find themselves working for Texas Sub (formally Guadalupe Airways)

I hope Gary lays it out in real plan english for them so there is no missing the point on what is coming their way.

The greed and sense of entitlement of these guys is absolutely incredible.

I feel a real USAir moment may be coming our way if this sh@#t sandwich is not flushed ASAP.

The Clampets will never be happy until we are stapled on the bottom of their list, thats just the way these things go. I hope we fence them off, operate them separately for a while until they get the message and then if they don't want to play nice, start offing the RJ's and the crews with them until the rest of them decide they will take a interview date.

Had a AT guy on the jump seat last night wearing the one love lanyard, (I will wear one when I see the SLI list) seemed like a nice enough guy I hope ALPA and the greedy union wackos don't screw it up for him and those like him.

take the staple and get on the list or you may find yourself inside the fence for a long time.

Staple staple

Remember ALPA never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. If they don't get with the program soon and stop dragging their feet they are going to find themselves working for Texas Sub (formally Guadalupe Airways)

I hope Gary lays it out in real plan english for them so there is no missing the point on what is coming their way.

The greed and sense of entitlement of these guys is absolutely incredible.

I feel a real USAir moment may be coming our way if this sh@#t sandwich is not flushed ASAP.

The Clampets will never be happy until we are stapled on the bottom of their list, thats just the way these things go. I hope we fence them off, operate them separately for a while until they get the message and then if they don't want to play nice, start offing the RJ's and the crews with them until the rest of them decide they will take a interview date.

Had a AT guy on the jump seat last night wearing the one love lanyard, (I will wear one when I see the SLI list) seemed like a nice enough guy I hope ALPA and the greedy union wackos don't screw it up for him and those like him.

take the staple and get on the list or you may find yourself inside the fence for a long time.

Staple staple

Oh snap!, you left out, "ALPA job killing machine" in your post! Please edit and put it in!

Please stop quoting the Village Idiot... he's on my ignore list so I don't have to bother time reading what is, pretty much, the same post again,,, and again,,, and again.

He and Baghdad Bob are like Groundhog Day on here.

Oh snap!, you left out, "ALPA job killing machine" in your post! Please edit and put it in!

Facts are the facts and poor Lear70 seems to be tired of hearing them so he blocks my posts, ????? The big lie you guys tell yourselves all day is falling apart and I think you guys will really be melting down after next weeks meeting ?? cant wait to hear the details on that one.

One more time, what is it we are getting out of this deal ???? that is anywhere close to what you guys are getting ???........hurry look it up in your ALPA talking points.......you get all the money and you want our seats too ????.......WTFO........ tell me how "growth and ATL help our 8, 9 and 10 year FO's upgrade when the Clampets take the seat they are not entitled to??????......... tell me one more time how it is fair a 7 year Tranny gets a left seat ahead of our 10 year FO, lets hear it, get the talking points out and tell me how in APLA's warped way of thats fair ?????.............................. anyone anyone

I thought so....crickets .......crickets.........

Staple staple

Last edited:
I'm not offended by this packet. Not even slightly. Although, it is information that has been presented before. Many times.

The SWA VP of Flt Ops stated "when we merge" and SWAPA stated "if".
There is an obvious disconnect and it's for an obvious reason. Luckily SWA
Management gets to decide in the end.

Bump us out of our seats and pay protect or don't pay protect.... increase cost for training because all of the SWA FO's will have to train in the 717..... increase training cost because those displaced will bid over to the 737 FO side...... SEAT LOCK for the "NEW" 717 Captains..... Massive growth happens... those bumped out of their seat will now bid to 737 Captain since there won't be much growth for the 717 since it is a dead plane and going to pay less since the rates are being negotiated. Maybe those of use will have the chance to bid the the 787 that will be dangled next week to get the boys to play nice with each other. Maybe Gary will tire of this and take and early retirement and the next managment team will come in with the skill sets of every other airline management and totally screw everything up. NOBODY has a crystal ball and I could get wiped out crossing the street in ATL trying to catch the MARTA......
Is it really worth all the venom that is spewed. No matter what happens this pilot group (on both sides) will continue to do the job that we have always done. Some of these professional pilots that have endured years of crap from a management team that could care less about the pilot group. Much larger and much better companies have failed.
Here's to the future for ALL OF US

Latest resources

Back