• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you always have to focus on the negative instead of embracing the positive? :confused:

It's impossible to be better than SWA!

Amen,
Gup

Piggyback my a$$, did UAL or DAL keep those rates? It only works if you can piggyback off someone who could hold the payscale, UAL and DAL didn't do sh#t as far as that goes. You must be a friggin kernel with that logic.:puke:

Wrong. Your initial rate increase was prior to the UAL and DL bankruptcies. That is piggybacking. After that, SWA was still profitable, just like UAL and DL coming out of their BKs, with clean balance sheets. If SWA stays profitable, then how can they take away from that initial bump up thanks again to UAL and DL? Unless there are losses, management has a tough time asking for givebacks.

OYS

Last edited:
could this be a plan that SWA buys the competition AAI, to get control of them to only keep them seperate and take away the competiton with them and then slowly let them fade away?? Isnt that what happened to ATA after SWA bought them? hopefully not

could this be a plan that SWA buys the competition AAI, to get control of them to only keep them seperate and take away the competiton with them and then slowly let them fade away?? Isnt that what happened to ATA after SWA bought them? hopefully not

The only way to do that is to get rid of the AT planes, like the 717s, and blend the AT 737s in with the SWA planes. Great idea! I know one other airline in the South that would love those 717s....

OYS

No responses. Hmmmm...... Truth hurts?

For all the bravado from the boys/girls from Luv, one would think they have been an industry leader in pay/benefits for years. The truth is only since Q1 of 2004 did they go above the industry. It took 4 legacies in ch11 for that to occur. Looking back to Q1 2001 luv was a drag on the industry, somewhere between a good regional and the legacies. The chart starts at Q1 2001 but my guess is the "southwest effect" was even more pronounced (read, bottom feeder wages/benefits) the first 18 years. Keep in mind that in the early 90s most legacies were under concessionary contracts and luv still lagged.

http://www.swapaluv.com/wp-content/u...1/pilotpay.jpg

On another note. Have a couple of close friends at luv hired in the mid to late 90s. They say the are in the top 30%, but I don't have a way to verify it. They feel relative seniority starting around 94-95 would be acceptable to them. Worse case they say is staple the capts below sw capts and fo's the same. Both are getting sick of the arrogance of the junior fo's they fly with.

Latest resources

Back