• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surprisingly, you missed the point. SWA/FO decided to go on an AirTran directed tirade and I pointed out that the poster that got his blood pressure up is a Delta pilot, not AirTran.

As for the Delta pilot on your j/s, why don't you ask him why he left, I could care less.

I'm not surprised you missed the point...

I agree with swa/fo in this case... I have heard countless times Airtran pilots only want to keep their senority... (why keep it at an airline that will not have any airplanes, I cannot understand) Airtran pilots right now do not have any SWAPA senority to keep. SWAPA pilots have SWAPA senority. Delta pilots are watching this. They should be, it can directly affect them in many ways...Some of them have chosen to apply and get hired...

If you want to compare apples to apples, lets do that. An 8 yr. AAI CA gets paid $149/hr and is guaranteed 70 hours per month for a guaranteed minimum of $10430. An 8 yr. SWA F/O is paid $139/hr and is guaranteed 77 hours per month for a guaranteed minimum of $10703. Apples to apples. (side note: I know you can fly more, and do...we can and do too, and probably to a greater extent) So, in essence, our F/O's make more than your CA's. Please explain to me why you, or anyone else for that matter, thinks that your DOH at AAI should be valued greater on a combined list (the result of a relative seniority type solution), since regardless of the seat you occupy at that longevity at AAI, it is valued less now??? You want to talk anything approaching relative seniority, call the leg store, 'cause you're gonna need something to stand on. Start basing your arguments on the realities of this situation, then maybe we can talk. Just to make it clear to you, every F/O at AAI will realize the equivalent of an upgrade by becoming a SWA pilot. You know upgrade, that's the point in your career when you trade in seniority to make more money. Contrary to Ty's continual assertions, seniority isn't forever, it's a commodity that is regularly traded for a better life for your family. If that wasn't the case, we'd all still be regional captains. Capisce? (Sorry about the run-on paragraph, D. ;))

Fraternally,
Papawoody

Sorry man. I don't read most of it anymore. I'm afraid I'll have some sort of 'fit' from the giant paragraph. :)

Your numbers are wrong. The guarantees have changed .... I can pick the numbers out of the jumble of letters more easily.

I'm too bored to explain again the fallacy of comparing the Chaut/Shuttle SLI. Your lawyer will do it for you. Here's a hint though; One of those airlines was a bankrupt 30 seat turboprop operator.

Time for my nap,

Cheers.

Last edited:
What are the March averages in hours and days off for Airtran. Any plane or domicile, just would like an idea of the top to bottom averages.

Sorry man. I don't read most of it anymore. I'm afraid I'll have some sort of 'fit' from the giant paragraph. :)

Your numbers are wrong. The guarantees have changed .... I can pick the numbers out of the jumble of letters more easily.

I'm too bored to explain again the fallacy of comparing the Chaut/Shuttle SLI. Your lawyer will do it for you. Here's a hint though; One of those airlines was a bankrupt 30 seat turboprop operator.

Time for my nap,

Cheers.

When did the guarantees change?

Time for my nap,

Cheers.

I hear ya. These threads are mostly nonsense, why even bother responding? I don't anymore. It's like arguing with a bunch of "troofers". I just come by every now and then for a laugh. :laugh:

I hear ya. These threads are mostly nonsense, why even bother responding? I don't anymore. It's like arguing with a bunch of "troofers". I just come by every now and then for a laugh. :laugh:

I heard you stopped posting because you got in trouble by your union and they made you stop.

I'm not surprised you missed the point...

I agree with swa/fo in this case... I have heard countless times Airtran pilots only want to keep their senority... (why keep it at an airline that will not have any airplanes, I cannot understand) Airtran pilots right now do not have any SWAPA senority to keep. SWAPA pilots have SWAPA senority. Delta pilots are watching this. They should be, it can directly affect them in many ways...Some of them have chosen to apply and get hired...

You and I will keep whatever seniority the arbitrator gives us. Thumping your chest won't change what you can't control, sorry.

I think you nailed it (and probably did not mean to)!!! Emphasize the word MIGHT. SWAPA pilots MIGHT get something out of this deal 5-10 years from now. AT pilots WILL get a huge benefit soon.

That is the simple truth.

True, and what's wrong with that? More then likely if you were to merge with any airline, one would have a better contract then the other. I don't think it will take 5 + years for SWA pilots to realize the gains of the combined airlines. After all, SWA just took 2 of AirTrans 737s. The poolies are being given class dates. You are planning on future hiring. Gary Kelly said all of this growth is happening because of the AirTran merger. Are these not gains for the SWA pilot group?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back