SWAPA does not lose anything for the AAI raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Section Six

I thought the title of this thread was hilarious. I guess since the AIP (SL-9) is DOA we now know that GK has 2 billion dollars to give us in the next Section Six. Thanks Airtrannies! We really appreciate you doin' the heavy lifting on this one for us.

:pimp:

I have a solution that is a win win for everyone.

Since Southwest is guaranteeing that AT guys will earn an extra 2 million over their careers why not just buy them out. 2 million for each pilot, cash in small denominations is preferable. In exchange Southwest can do as it pleases with the group. That’s about 3.4 billion which is I believe close to what Southwest currently has in the bank. It's a great deal for everyone! or wait...this is the airline industry so NOTHING can be guaranteed.

stall022

I have a solution that is a win win for everyone.

Since Southwest is guaranteeing that AT guys will earn an extra 2 million over their careers why not just buy them out. 2 million for each pilot, cash in small denominations is preferable. In exchange Southwest can do as it pleases with the group. That’s about 3.4 billion which is I believe close to what Southwest currently has in the bank. It's a great deal for everyone! or wait...this is the airline industry so NOTHING can be guaranteed.

That ship has sailed.

In case u missed it.

we have withdrawn our economic offer of support for the SLI package. Due to the worsened economic environment this summer, coupled with the fact that the SLI can no longer be expedited, we cannot afford the previous offer.

"Since Southwest is guaranteeing that AT guys will earn an extra 2 million over their careers why not just buy them out. 2 million for each pilot,"

As much as AAI pilots want handouts from SWA (in pay and seniority), you will have to earn that 2 mil...

Latest resources

Back