SWAPA does not lose anything for the AAI raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JT12345

Why do you guys at SWAPA think that because we are getting a pay raise that you need to gain something from that?

You are not lossing a dam think from AAI guys getting a pay bump from this merger.

For you to gain something we have to loose something. Big because you are three times the size. Stop picking on the little guys.

Now I know there are issues with retirements, and upgrades. Lets make a deal.

Yes AAI grew faster and have young Captains..... but you guys got paid these last few years at the expense of growth rate. Both sides knew the types of companies we went to work for and the expectations in this business are fleeting. You roll the dice, and the chips fall where they may. You make your choices and thats that. Deserving has got nothing to do with it.

This merger was not to do the pilots any favors. This merger is good for both companies to compete in the market place and survive, and in that respect... that is what Airtran brings to the table. It is why you bought us. This is not a fire sale.

Exactly. They never address that question now do they. How about the one I always ask...

Why do SWA f/os CARE about what other pilots in the company earn.

Because the answer is...they don't. All they care about is stealing YOUR seniority and YOUR upgrade.

Last edited:
And these reason are why their attempts to capture AAI seniority will fail. I suspect AAI is more than willing to make sacrifices, but a staple? I mean grow up SWAPA.

JT,

Let me get this straight..

You basically want realitive seniority and and average 2 million dollars more toward your career earnings? Got it.

This was never a merger of equals my friend. The above is the definition of a windfall for you? Would you disagree?

On Sept 26th, 2010, did you have any expectations of having an additional 2 million plus in your retirement account? Answer honestly, please.

And these reason are why their attempts to capture AAI seniority will fail. I suspect AAI is more than willing to make sacrifices, but a staple? I mean grow up SWAPA.

SWAPA has never stated they expected a staple. Where do you guys get your material?

"Why do you guys at SWAPA think that because we are getting a pay raise that you need to gain something from that?"

Why do the AAI guys think they are bringing seats and gates to the deal, you were bought by SWA?? At least we have a CBA we negotiated and which you will benefit...we bring $$ you bring ?? This is a logic that you are unwilling to embrace because you feel entitled to pay AND seniority because of M/B. I understand, you want to maximize your gains, we want to share in the gains and the only negotiating capital you have is your seniority...you did not like the deal your MC/MEC came up with (why they are not being recalled I do not know) and now you feel emboldened to go for more...GREED plain and simle...

Why do you guys at SWAPA think that because we are getting a pay raise that you need to gain something from that?

You are not lossing a dam think from AAI guys getting a pay bump from this merger.

For you to gain something we have to loose something. Big because you are three times the size. Stop picking on the little guys.

Now I know there are issues with retirements, and upgrades. Lets make a deal.

Yes AAI grew faster and have young Captains..... but you guys got paid these last few years at the expense of growth rate. Both sides knew the types of companies we went to work for and the expectations in this business are fleeting. You roll the dice, and the chips fall where they may. You make your choices and thats that. Deserving has got nothing to do with it.

This merger was not to do the pilots any favors. This merger is good for both companies to compete in the market place and survive, and in that respect... that is what Airtran brings to the table. It is why you bought us. This is not a fire sale.

I posted this before, but again this is all an exercise in futility. I don't think anyone is going to change anyone else's mind at this point. Having said that I guess I'll go ahead and throw my worthless 2 cents out there.

SWA guys argue that they are bringing the industry leading contract to this deal and that the AAI guys are reaping the benefits of the the SWA pilots labor, gaining a windfall in the form of huge pay raises and QOL scheduling improvements.

The AAI guys counter that it is NOT the SWAPA guys that are paying the checks, that it is GK and SWA the company who is paying. They continue that the AAI pilots are not taking anything from the SWAPA guys. Furthermore they contend they are bringing their own jets and ATL gates with them, therefore they aren't taking any Captain seats from the SWA guys. They are bringing their own seats with them.

Now here is where the logic fails, in my humble opinion. If the SWA pilots are NOT responsible for bringing the large contractual gains to the acquisition, then how is it that the AAI guys get credit for bringing the jets to the table? It seems like they are trying to have it both ways.

How is it that the SWAPA pilots deserve no ownership of their contract with their company, yet the AAI guys deserve ownership of captain seats because they are bringing their company brought over some jets? It needs to cut both ways.

JT,

You basically want realitive seniority and and average 2 million dollars more toward your career earnings? Got it.

This was never a merger of equals my friend. The above is the definition of a windfall for you? Would you disagree?

You don't lose a dam thing from my $$ or work rule gains from this.

You post has nothing to do with what I wrote.

The above is your definition... not mine. I never said relative seniority, or anything on this board about what I would take. That would be stupid to tell you what I would take to vote yes. Don't put words in my mouth. Read what I said.

I told you what an arbitrator has done in the recent past (within 5 years)

I told you how bad the recent deal was.

And I am trying to tell you that you don't deserve a dam thing at my expense. I would even agree on the reverse of this.

So explain how my increases from going under your CBA affects your life one dam bit?

You don't lose a dam thing from my $$ or work rule gains from this.

You post has nothing to do with what I wrote.

The above is your definition... not mine. I never said relative seniority, or anything on this board about what I would take. That would be stupid to tell you what I would take to vote yes. Don't put words in my mouth. Read what I said.

I told you what an arbitrator has done in the recent past (within 5 years)

I told you how bad the recent deal was.

And I am trying to tell you that you don't deserve a dam thing at my expense. I would even agree on the reverse of this.

So explain how my increases from going under your CBA affects your life one dam bit?

Time to give a rest. Seriously

SWAPA should stop trying to convince Airtran pilots why they deserve nothing. It really isn't their fault why they are looked down on as a pilot group. They had no other choice when they got hired there. They took the best they were offered. Just like you had no choice who your parents were. That is the way life is. It will be over for all of you in 40 years anyway. No need to start another thread that says the same thing.

Latest resources

Back