SWAPA does not lose anything for the AAI raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JT,

Do you understand how greedy the AAI pilots are coming off to just about every SW employee right now? Not just the SW pilots, but other groups are scratching their heads to how these guys could pass up the pay protections that over 6000 street pilots would give their left nut for.

Are you that obtuse?

I posted this before, but again this is all an exercise in futility. I don't think anyone is going to change anyone else's mind at this point. Having said that I guess I'll go ahead and throw my worthless 2 cents out there.

SWA guys argue that they are bringing the industry leading contract to this deal and that the AAI guys are reaping the benefits of the the SWA pilots labor, gaining a windfall in the form of huge pay raises and QOL scheduling improvements.

The AAI guys counter that it is NOT the SWAPA guys that are paying the checks, that it is GK and SWA the company who is paying. They continue that the AAI pilots are not taking anything from the SWAPA guys. Furthermore they contend they are bringing their own jets and ATL gates with them, therefore they aren't taking any Captain seats from the SWA guys. They are bringing their own seats with them.

Now here is where the logic fails, in my humble opinion. If the SWA pilots are NOT responsible for bringing the large contractual gains to the acquisition, then how is it that the AAI guys get credit for bringing the jets to the table? It seems like they are trying to have it both ways.

How is it that the SWAPA pilots deserve no ownership of their contract with their company, yet the AAI guys deserve ownership of captain seats because they are bringing their company brought over some jets? It needs to cut both ways.

You have the contract. We have the growth (expectation). I can say we have kept SWA from growing. Out competed SWA in markets like MKE, BWI, BOS, and MCO. I think our openning an MCO pilot base was the last straw for GK, and he gave Bob a call ;)

You guys know how to make money. We know how to get other airlires to lose money.

Its is going to ge a great team once we get this worked out.

Just don't fek me over.

Exactly. They never address that question now do they. How about the one I alway ask...

Why do SWA f/os CARE about what other pilots in the company earn.

Because the answer is...they don't. All they care about is stealing YOUR seniority and YOUR upgrade.

Newsflash .... it is not just swa FOs who care about SWA and an integration. It is every single SWA employee. Feel free to ask a SWA Captain his/her opinion. They are the ones with 4 stripes.

It is summer, please go outside and enjoy the weather. Use your energy to lobby for social security rights or world hunger. Your obsession with this is creepy and very strange.

I will take a stab at this one. One must assume that SWA has a certain amount of $ to spend on labor. I believe this assumption will be met with little resistance. If we agree on this, then we agree it becomes a zero-sum game. You squeeze one side of the balloon and the other side inflates. For GK to invest so much $ to appease the AAI pilots means a commensurate amount less $ during our next sec. 6 and for current SWAPA pilots in the now dead SL9.

AAI pilots have been harping about seniority being the only important thing, and money not being an issue. We soon will find out exactly how true these statements are. I for one would give up most of my seniority tomorrow if I was offered the left seat even without a safe haven base. AAI pilots have epitomized the adage "Have your cake and eat it too". You want seniority AND the money. You make hollow arguments about bringing jets and growth, yet fail to acknowledge the contract, routes, bases, stability, and management relations (something you should REALLY appreciate) we bring to the table. You fail to acknowledge that your pilot group is MUCH younger due to lower hiring standards. You fail to recognize that this would lead to a lopsided seniority list in the future. Even Eischen realized that fact in the DAL/NWA SLI.

I feel your MEC has failed you miserably. Perhaps they thought our management are softies. Quite the contrary, and you will slowly see events unfold that will leave you begging for SL9 back. Our pilots are more unified now than ever. From the super senior to the bottom of the list we are conveying our steadfast resolve to keep SWA a great place to work. The actions of your MEC, dirty negotiating tactics, delays, and rhetoric on these message boards do not belong at SWA. They are NOT the spirit of SWA. GK is giving you a wake up call. I can assure you any other deal on the table will not be as productive for AAI pilots as SL9, but I feel you will be begging to vote it in IF it comes.

CM,

Good point, hey I don't mind the AAI guys going for more, I admire their ballsy move, but I don't like it when then try to blame the SWA folks or call it something other than what it really is: a pay and seniority grab made possible by M/B...

JT,

Do you understand how greedy the AAI pilots are coming off to just about every SW employee right now? Not just the SW pilots, but other groups are scratching their heads to how these guys could pass up the pay protections that over 6000 street pilots would give their left nut for.

Are you that obtuse?

I am not a new hire and this is not a fire sale.

No dude. The consensus from FI atleast is that you guys are being greedy and trying to bully the minority. Most pilots from other airlines are posting that on here.

Most pilots from other airlines are posting that on here.

Exactly. To those of us who are casual outside observers, the outcome is clear.

And it isn't going to make the SWA f/os happy.

JT,

Are you that obtuse?

The protections as written were full of holes. We are used to dealing with management that will utilize such holes at every turn.

The loss of seniority was too great - especially in light of weak protections.

How is the desire of SWA to discount our DOH by 4 years not a greedy seniority grab?

Latest resources

Back