• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Defines ETOPS bid groups and bidding practices.
Decreases codeshare of 4% overall, down to 2%. And names ONLY Volaris as the 2% codeshare.

Small increase of per diem for international ops. I think it's 2.65.

Defines cost for Passport if you don't have one, etc.

SL14 is next. It's tied to 12 basically. Defines redeye flying and Average Daily Guarantee of 6.5 (including redeyes). Redeye premium of 15% or ADG, whichever is greater. Gives the company a three year break on flying to the north rim of South America as 'Near International', then defaults to 'Far International' after that time with a re-opener for different work rules/pay possibly.

That's the nutshell.

What SL12 does is ensure the pain of the juniority will increase as all redeyes and ETOP's become the realm of the junior. That is, once all those senior try it out and see it sucks to fly into a sunrise for the same pay AND you can't ELITT out of it.

What SL12 does is ensure the pain of the juniority will increase as all redeyes and ETOP's become the realm of the junior. That is, once all those senior try it out and see it sucks to fly into a sunrise for the same pay AND you can't ELITT out of it.

Have no fear, thanks to SWApA's "duplex strategery" they will be spread evenly amongst the lines, so the pain will be shared.

ELITT will provide no respite either, as it's already hard enough to move stuff around now, before the additional red eye restrictions are even on there.

Great job guys!

Did SWAPA coerce the extra 10-15% into voting yes by promising more to come in SL14 to help the Company? Say it isn't so. Course we're used to that at the tranny when some in our union leadership were trying desperately to get along with the BMT. I hope SWAPA had the forsight to at least talk to our sched committee for some insight on how our red-eyes work and to try to mitigate some of the pit-falls the company has taken advantage of on our side.

The red eye flying isn't the killer. It's when crew planning adds additional legs after the red eye leg that real fatigue issues arise. Was this addressed in SL12?

From what I read they cannot add anything on after a red eye.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Latest resources

Back