• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You act like a second class citizen, you will be treated like one...

GK treated us like one and his employees will follow his example. I've seen it first hand already from SW gate agents an FA's mostly.

I think we need to tone down the pilot v. pilot talk.

SWA management is to blame with an healthy assist from our union leaders for such a clumsy response to a perceived threat.

I do know SWAPA was opposed to the "B" scale, rightly so, as it's never smart to have a cheaper group doing the same job your doing. Hopefully SWAPA can right the ship in the upcoming contract negotiations. A good faith effort for one list-one contract would go a long way smooth some of the ruffled feathers.

To all the Airtran Guys bitching about SC just remember how bad our union leader was last year. I'm assuming that the rank and file SWA pilots aren't as political and crass as that. Seems like it's hard to get a good leader these days.

I think this whole deal really sucks azz, but I refuse to let it sour my feelings for my new pilot brothers and sisters. I blame management for our problems, unfortunately I've got a lot of experience with that.

I wasn't hired by VJ, I was hired by AT and spent zero dollars out of pocket for any airline required training, ever. So far the ride has been pretty good, thanks to a fast upgrade, financial discipline and good investments I had well over $1M in net worth before I turned 40. I'm glad paying for a type rating worked out well for you but it's not something I ever considered doing.

What makes you think I paid SW for my type rating?

Hearing your defense of PFT reminds me of when AT was charging $25 after the first jumpseat was taken. Management , and some pilots, would have you believe they were selling you a non-rev ticket. BS it was a fee to jumpseat, plain and simple. Buying a required type rating as a condition of employment is the same as PFT, plain and simple. Justify it as you must.

I've never, not once, ever defended PFT, in fact, I am 100% against it, since it weeds out a lot of otherwise qualified candidates, and IME, brings down the experience level at that particular airline.

FWIW, I don't and have never agreed with the SW requirement for the type. With all the other minimum requirements we have, it accomplishes nothing in the big scheme of things.

Even though I know it's a waste of time, I'll restate it.

Valujet was a PFT outfit. You had to pay a large sum of money directly to Valujet to get the job.

SW requires a type rating. Where or how you get it is irrelevant, as long as you have it.

How, by ANY stretch of the definition, is that PFT?

I couldn't have paid SW for training, even if I wanted to.

See the difference?

In 17 years here, I've been paid for every second of training, as has every single SW pilot on the list.

Can't say that for a lot of your folks, who DID PFT, and for a substandard job.

Back when critter started up, I wanted out of the commuters in the worst way, but not bad enough to PFT. The scab issue was big too, even if it weren't PFT.

This message is hidden because -9Capt is on your ignore list.

Just ingnore the miserable individual, no need to let his kind bring ya down. I to did not pay for my type to tothe job at SWA. So I guess his theory is wrong again

Lear, what's the latest news over on the AT side. -9 capt or some one said their might not be a full integration by 2015?????? You think SWA might whipsaw us?

Lear, what's the latest news over on the AT side. -9 capt or some one said their might not be a full integration by 2015?????? You think SWA might whipsaw us?

I'm sure SWAPA's gotten more information than our side, but everything we've seen points to over 30 73's flying the international on our side plus 30 something 71's still flying that hadn't been transferred to Mother D yet by January 1, 2015. Maybe the 71's will just be parked and not flown by anyone until they go to Delta, could bring on the furloughs.

I'm sure SWAPA's gotten more information than our side, but everything we've seen points to over 30 73's flying the international on our side plus 30 something 71's still flying that hadn't been transferred to Mother D yet by January 1, 2015. Maybe the 71's will just be parked and not flown by anyone until they go to Delta, could bring on the furloughs.

No one will get laid off. I personally will take a pay cut to not lay anyone off the SWA and AT side, but that is just me. I have been on the street before and it sucks.

Man my computer is doing some messed up stuff when I type. To to the job. That wasnt there when I posted it.

Latest resources

Back