• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The upgrade calculator at SWAPA for me went from 13 years pre aquisition to 2027 (19 years) post aquisition!!! Nuff said.

The upgrade calculator at SWAPA for me went from 13 years pre aquisition to 2027 (19 years) post aquisition!!! Nuff said.
Yup.

Like I said, many on both sides were affected negatively in this deal, some more than others, or in different ways. The only thing we can do is find the positives where we can, be thankful for what we have, and move on down the road.

Anything else just isn't productive or helpful.

Ummm, no, not really, no.

I made just shy of $100k last year and both of my friends at my same longevity at Southwest made $137k and 142k respectfully. They also were gone more days than I was from home (I average 18 days off, they average 16).

Lear is lazier than me.

I made over 112k last year. I have less years pay/seniority than him. I have commutable weekends off too and yeah I work hard at it.

Looking at 120-130k on reserve at SWA and my exposure to furlough is so much worse. Doubt I can even hold weekends all off on reserve overthere.

Double pay is a good joke though. Well maybe after a year here and they gut the fleet and I am on reserve at Airtran it will be double when I am back at guarantee pay? Nope still not close.

Last edited:
Looking at 120-130k on reserve at SWA and my exposure to furlough is so much worse.

Not following you here...how could the furlough exposure be worse for you on the SWA side when one of the agreements (don't recall exactly which one) states that if furloughs become necessary, they are to happen on the AT side first?

Are those pre or post notice earnings and rates? I know, you guys were ready to strike and you would have gotten way better then your current rates and benefits.

J41 if he is one of he last to come over or close to the bottom afterwards then I guess his "exposure to fulough" may be worse.

there is no real threat of furlough, but our extreme, yes extreme overmanning will be used against us this section 6.

How can you be overmanned with only 8% reserve coverage?

The article that Tex posted on another thread said 4% reduction in trips for 3rd quarter and 5% reduction of trips for 4th quarter. Not sure if those numbers are on top of regular seasonal drawdown or just the total off season drawdown.

Latest resources

Back