• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread started because of comments made by Steve Chase, president of SWAPA...I agree he could have been more tactful and less gloating about potential SWA upgrades as a result of 717/DL deal...straight talk is needed, yes SWA upgrades may come at the expense of AAI CPs who bid the 717, but the real message needs to be, that all AAI pilots need to become SWA pilots ASAP and be represented by SWAPA and have a voice in negotiations with the company...section 6...former AAI pilots need to feel welcome at SWA and by SWAPA, former AAI pilots need to become check airmen, mgmt pilots, union reps/leaders etc on the SWA side...there needs to stop being two pilot groups, and we need to start acting like one...

I met a man last night that had been pulled from the "field" in Iraq. He was told to surrender his arms and ammo,put in a jeep and driven away. He is a 15 year MARINE and thought he did something wrong. They took him in to tell him that his ten yr old little girl was run over by a school bus in Chicago. Bitch about aquistions,mergers,etc,all you want. Life is bigger than YOU.

I bet Steve Chase was driving the bus too.

I bet Steve Chase was driving the bus too.

From all your posts, Crust, it seems pretty obvious that you are a sad, bitter little man. I'm sorry that GK made a deal that screwed you. I'm sorry that even though his deal screwed some of us as well, he arguably didn't screw us as badly. I'm sorry that things are changing as we speak, and we don't know exactly what will happen, but I'm sure whatever happens it will screw you personally worse than anyone else on the planet. I'm sorry your life sucks so bad. Trust me, I'm really, really sorry about you. Feel better now?

Bubba

This thread started because of comments made by Steve Chase, president of SWAPA...I agree he could have been more tactful and less gloating about potential SWA upgrades as a result of 717/DL deal...straight talk is needed, yes SWA upgrades may come at the expense of AAI CPs who bid the 717, but the real message needs to be, that all AAI pilots need to become SWA pilots ASAP and be represented by SWAPA and have a voice in negotiations with the company...section 6...former AAI pilots need to feel welcome at SWA and by SWAPA, former AAI pilots need to become check airmen, mgmt pilots, union reps/leaders etc on the SWA side...there needs to stop being two pilot groups, and we need to start acting like one...

Nice post, MJ. Agree completely. I am hopeful that SWA will acknowledge that the landscape has changed tremendously since the vote, and that some accommodations will be offered to help mitigate some of the impact from these large-scale changes.

You are correct. It is $158,400,000 a year. $150,000 X 88 a/c X 12 months.

I'm not saying that this is wrong and I apologize if I missed some official information but how do we know the specifics of the pending deal between SW, Boeing and DAL?

Well, you had me get the calculator out to check the numbers to make sure. The word people had heard from a couple different meetings months ago that the B-717's were available. Airbus also offered to beat any deal offered for the -717's with A319's Then the $150K per a/c for the -717's popped up later and it appears that became the choice. Would be nice to know what the deal is. I doubt it is really contingent on the T/A passing. I'm sure it will be available somewhere in SWA's financial statements.

Latest resources

Back