Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

malibuVride

From another thread:
So let me get this straight...I'm hearing we don't get a JCBA and we don't get to be part of the transition agreement? What am I missing here? I thought our contract had requirements that had to be followed by successors or whatever! What's the deal?

From the ATN MC Report:
Among the items discussed were the schedule and process toward achieving a single operating certificate, a single collective bargaining agreement, and SWAPA representation for all pilots

I'm hearing SWA guys saying there won't be a JCBA and only SWAPA will be negotiating a transition agreement. I thought the TA had language to force SWA and SWAPA to negotiate these items. The MC Report certainly doesn't say anything specific about a JCBA or transition agreement.

What does that mean regarding the 18mo fence in the TA vs. SWAPA's 24mo fence?

You really should call your reps. First, you will get no good information from this place. Second, there is no 18 month and 24 month fence. And third, you will get no good information from this site.

I agree. I wish these SWA/AT threads would go away and we could watch the CAL/UAL MECs duke it out over the definition of a 747 vs. 777.

Slug

Our unions have asked repeatedly for people not to negotiate in public. But some just can't shut their trap. It is like they believe their insight is going to solve the problem. It is really disappointing to see.

the RUNDMC solution....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EheLN-MDzrA

Our unions have asked repeatedly for people not to negotiate in public. But some just can't shut their trap. It is like they believe their insight is going to solve the problem. It is really disappointing to see.

25 hours a day, 8 days a week,
hasn't anyone ever told you (they) that talk is cheap.

Last edited:
It was set up for a transition agreement between SWAPA and Southwest in the last contract. It was one of the small gains that SWAPA was able to get out of the deal. No JCBA, just an agreement between SWAPA and the company.

Latest resources

Back