• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ATN: Why no JCBA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. I wish these SWA/AT threads would go away and we could watch the CAL/UAL MECs duke it out over the definition of a 747 vs. 777.

Slug

No, this is much more entertaining.

I think the JCBA option is part of ALPA merger policy, not SWAPA. Meaning only applicable when two ALPA carriers are merging or an ALPA carrier is buying/merging with a different union that would prefer this option? Correct me if Im wrong.

And while were at it... Can someone tell me the difference between red and yellow and/or open and closed envelopes on the left of all the thread titles?

Last edited:
Our union is telling the ATN pilot group that we will not be on the SWAPA contract until we are represented by SWAPA. This means SWAPA does have a trump card they can hold over our head to try to push SLI talks. But only until we get to 18 months after corporate closing. Then our contract requires Arbitration. That is how it was described to me.

Just to bring you all up to date, the Southwest Airlines union is no longer SWAPA. Instead, we are now SNAPA.

We haven't decided on the official pronunciation of the new name but most guys are going with "snappa" like the fish and spoken with an obviously over-played fake Boston accent.

I'm not sure but I think the dyslexic "N" is subliminal signal of how screwed up our union is. Sort of a "cry for help."

Have a look at how intelligent it looks on our union web site's home page:

http://www.swapa.org/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Last edited:
SNAPPER is a type of fish.

SNAPA is a...nevermind. If you don't know by now, I'm not gonna be the one to tell you.

Poolies in DAL on Jan 4, 2011 -----> :beer:

Read my post. If you show a guy from South Boston a big red fish that we know as a Snapper, he'll tell you it's a "snappa"

>>"Our union is telling the ATN pilot group that we will not be on the SWAPA contract until we are represented by SWAPA. This means SWAPA does have a trump card they can hold over our head to try to push SLI talks. But only until we get to 18 months after corporate closing. Then our contract requires Arbitration. That is how it was described to me."<<

Squirrel, this is what is concerning! Without a JCBA and no voice during the transition agreement, it seems the AT pilots are bystanders. The 18-months after corporate closing is several years away.
Is there anything that can get AT pilots on the SWAPA contract more quickly? Is that what LH and TO have in mind as they 'oversee' the talks? Change is coming...that could be good.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back