• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ATN: Why no JCBA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you know this for sure. There is no legal loophole to be exploited. I would bet there is. Once again I am not saying that will happen. I am saying it could.

It is in the SWAPA contract. SWA will not be able to grow AT without growing SWA at the 3.6:1 ratio. I can guarantee you that SWAPA will not relieve that portion of the contract. So if SWA tries to grow AT without growing SWA, they will be in violation of our CBA. Hats off to the guys who had the foresight to negotiate this several years ago.

It is in the SWAPA contract. SWA will not be able to grow AT without growing SWA at the 3.6:1 ratio. I can guarantee you that SWAPA will not relieve that portion of the contract. So if SWA tries to grow AT without growing SWA, they will be in violation of our CBA. Hats off to the guys who had the foresight to negotiate this several years ago.

Sounds like a good clause. I guess the devil is in the details.

Several years ago? WTF dude? It's in SL6 that hasn't even passed yet. It's 3.61:1 PRE transaction ratio of Tranny shiny jets vs. WN shiny jets. But let's be honest here. WN is getting all of the shiny new Tranny jets next year so that ratio will be lopsided from the git go.

Gup

like somebody said, the senior guys at Airtran only care about themselves not the junior guys. So would SWA rather have 800 guys upset or 6800?

Talk about a stupid post . . . . Who qualified you to comment on the different segments of our pilot group? The AirTran CA's voted down a TA that benefited them, but was bad for FO's, and as a result are getting a lesser raise now than they would have under the previous TA two years ago. The AirTran senior pilots are also the same ones who voted in 2001 to take a temporary pay cut to keep the junior pilots from being furloughed. . . . . So, no, you're wrong on all counts.

What are the big difference between TA 3 and TA 4? Can you post a wavetop recap?

They're calling the current T.A. #3, but there was an unofficial T.A. 3 a month after T.A. 2 died about 3 1/2 years ago (so I jokingly refer to this one as T.A. 4). T.A. 3 (or 2.5 or whatever someone wants to call it) never made it past the NPA NC and Board, thus most pilots don't know it even existed (and technically it didn't).

There's another thread that was going about it a couple pages back now with some of the differences posted there.

Talk about a stupid post . . . . Who qualified you to comment on the different segments of our pilot group? The AirTran CA's voted down a TA that benefited them, but was bad for FO's, and as a result are getting a lesser raise now than they would have under the previous TA two years ago. The AirTran senior pilots are also the same ones who voted in 2001 to take a temporary pay cut to keep the junior pilots from being furloughed. . . . . So, no, you're wrong on all counts.

It must be a sore spot with you for you to get so upset. relax.

Last edited:
AT pilots have shown on multiple occasions that they care about the entire group, much like SWA I'm sure. When we were furloughed in before the holidays in 07, they donated money to a furloughed pilot fund, bought toys for furloughed pilot's kids, and created a fund to support contract hostages, all in addition to what Ty mentioned.

One of our senior Capt's personally sent my family gift cards valued at hundreds of dollars to help with Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can honestly say that the AT group is a loyal, fun, and professional group of aviators.

Amen Carl P. I was one of those unlucky club 169 members and I also received help from some of our generous Captains and Fo's. I will correct you on your dates though it was 08. CJ spearheaded that program and called all of us personally. We do have a good group. Not to say we don't have our token 10% but all in all a great bunch of guys and gals.

Hahaha. What a load of BS. You AT captains are the greediest lot I've ever seen.

Prove that you're not just in it for you and advocate a staple, because to all of us outsiders, that would clearly be the best SLI for the sake of the airline.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back