SWA yes vote:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And OYS is not just ignorant of swa, but apparently usair/awa-
Literally none of the dynamics are in play here. You do realize that at USAIR the smaller group of pilot's company bought the larger one. By all means, read the Nic award, it'll shed some light into that 'self-proclaimed expert on acquisitions even though I've never been through one' thought in your brain.

Proves only 1 thing. FI is NOT reality. It's the extremes and the narcissistic going at it. No sense getting riled up about what the 1% think.

And OYS is not just ignorant of swa, but apparently usair/awa-
Literally none of the dynamics are in play here. You do realize that at USAIR the smaller group of pilot's company bought the larger one. By all means, read the Nic award, it'll shed some light into that 'self-proclaimed expert on acquisitions even though I've never been through one' thought in your brain.

Proves only 1 thing. FI is NOT reality. It's the extremes and the narcissistic going at it. No sense getting riled up about what the 1% think.

I would be willing to bet is less than 1% Wave. One thing for sure is that we should all have more info after the 13'th. Lets all just stay calm and let this thing play out.

That will be up to the arbitrator, not SWAPA. Btw, how did the Colgan guys do on the latest arbitration award? Oooops. Not looking good for you.

OYS

A couple of things OYS, the integration will be up to Gary whether there is an ISL or not.

And the big one...Mesaba was awarded nicely for bringing a better contract to the 9E/XJ/9L SLI discusion. You see, you don't like to talk about that part of the arbitration award but it's clearly in there from the arbitor.

You don't even bother to read the award and you decide that you're an expert all the sudden? Do a little research dude, this is what makes you completely un-credible.

Without a deal, I just do not see any seniority list integration. No way is Gary going to leave it to someone who is not a stakeholder...that guy avoids risk like the plague and will not relinquish control of this deal come hell or high water. I hope we get some more info next week...it sounds like things are getting close.

I agree Daddy. I think from the AAI side, it probably will need to be a negotiated deal, or possibly nothing. Unfortunately it is going to be negotiating with a gun to your head. I don't envy those guys at all. I'm glad that the AAI MC seems to be made up of level headed guys. They might need a six month vacation after this is all said and done.

Without a deal, I just do not see any seniority list integration. No way is Gary going to leave it to someone who is not a stakeholder...that guy avoids risk like the plague and will not relinquish control of this deal come hell or high water. I hope we get some more info next week...it sounds like things are getting close.

The Process Agreement was agreed to and signed by 4 parties, including SWAPA and SWA. That agreement specifically says that the implementation date will be set by the Arbitrator. That clause, btw, was arrived at after much discussion and compromise.

So, yes, SWA is in charge of when the lists get combined, and they have agreed to delegate that decision to the Arbitrator. I believe that they will honor the agreement they signed.

Do I want it to come to Arbitration? No, but in order to come to an agreement, I think the SWA FO's are going to have to come to a more reasonable position than I see on this forum. That may require SWA to reiterate to SWAPA that the arbitration and implementation was mutually agreed upon.

Last edited:
The Process Agreement was agreed to and signed by 4 parties, including SWAPA and SWA. That agreement specifically says that the implementation date will be set by the Arbitrator. That clause, btw, was arrived at after much discussion and compromise.

So, yes, SWA is in charge of when the lists get combined, and they have agreed to delegate that decision to the Arbitrator. I believe that they will honor the agreement they signed.

Do I want it to come to Arbitration? No, but in order to come to an agreement, I think the SWA FO's are going to have to come to a more reasonable position than I see on this forum. That may require SWA to reiterate to SWAPA that the arbitration and implementation was mutually agreed upon.

Assuming you are correct about the date when the SLI would be intergrated. Would SWA and SWAPA be the ones to decide when you come under their contract, how long the fences will be in place, the going rates for the 717, longevity issues, vacations, etc.? I thought somebody said that if it goes to arbitration then ALPA is not involved. Could they put a fence up for 10-15 years? Can they lock the guys in the 717 with lower pay rates? What would happen then if they start to replace the 717 with 737? Would those guys get furloughed because there is not aircraft for them to go to? Just some questions for you to answer Ty because you seem to be the most qualified in this area.

Thanks

Comet hit the nail on the head.

This is Airtran's one opportunity to capture all the other items of the intangibles within the contract. Right now, not later.

If it goes to arbitration and the SLI comes out, guess what? ALPA is gone and the other things will be decided by SWAPA. Very interesting setup for sure.

I see long fences for the 717 no matter how this gets worked out, with or without arbitration.

Latest resources

Back