SWA yes vote:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just feel screwed.

Its like Dad tells you this small family will come live in our nice big house, and these people walk in with muddy shoes and cranky attitude saying, "i want this big room, this is what i want for lunch, wanna park our cars in the garage too, by the way i dislike every single one of u in this house. This house is not that great."

I realize you are forced to move in, but you WILL gain quite a bit from this. SWA pilots gain nothing. Im not looking forward to it at all.

I can see that analogy, for sure, except rooms are being added to your house. . . . . And, although I understand your perception, I think you would find that we all wipe our feet, use our "indoor" voices, and eat what is served, or bring our own. Hell, we even help with the c*************************. ;)

Whutthuhale? Can't write c-h-o-r-e-s on here? :laugh:

Last edited:
I just feel screwed.

Its like Dad tells you this small family will come live in our nice big house, and these people walk in with muddy shoes and cranky attitude saying, "i want this big room, this is what i want for lunch, wanna park our cars in the garage too, by the way i dislike every single one of u in this house. This house is not that great."

I realize you are forced to move in, but you WILL gain quite a bit from this. SWA pilots gain nothing. Im not looking forward to it at all.

I used a similar analogy back when this nightmare started, and was accused of elitism.

But the above analogy is the truth, if you believe that FI portrays the prevailing attitude.

From my encounters with AAI folks on the prison bus in MCO, the FI attitude is not representative. We'll see I guess.

I just feel screwed.

Except, Mom says "Dad is coming home from work and I'm going to tell him how you been behaving all day" - off comes the belt after Dad finishes his first 40!

I was thinking more along this:

Spalding Smails: I want a hamburger. No, cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake. I want potato chips

Judge Smails: You'll get nothing, and like it!

I can see that analogy, for sure, except rooms are being added to your house. . . . . And, although I understand your perception, I think you would find that we all wipe our feet, use our "indoor" voices, and eat what is served, or bring our own. Hell, we even help with the c*************************. ;)

Whutthuhale? Can't write c-h-o-r-e-s on here? :laugh:

Ty I don't like most of what you put out, but I do like this one. It is your best post yet. :)

That's because the ALPA job killing machine and their loud mouth legal eagle's have promised the AT guys that they are entitled to every thing they want and the SWAPA guys will be happy to take nothing from this sh#$t sandwich we have had forced on us.

I can assure you that the SWAPA group will have no problem voting no on any deal that hurts any SWAPA pilot on the property.

Skywest airlines owns ASA and the two have no plans to get into bed and if SWAPA is presented with a bad deal SWA will own AT via Guadalupe holdings and the two never have to be combined.....look it up.....read it and weep but if SWAPA and SWA agree to keep the two groups apart the arbitrator and his ruling will have no power of say in the matter

the AT guys should take the staple and be happy with the big pay raise and stop trying to steal what is not theirs.

Staple staple

[FONT=&quot]Man, it's been a long time since I've been on here, and it is working out just as I predicted...another nasty USAir situation. Your right, SWA and Tranny can operate separately for a long time. But will a divided LUV be successful? NO!!! Delta and other carriers will kill you both over time. I predict within about 5 years a new management team will move into the big D and demand major concessions from you guys due to some nasty loses. But it is your call SWAPA...pilots can fly aeroplanes but they can't run a business.[/FONT]

SWAPA is creating a lot of "BAD KARMA" trying to steal AT Captain seats and
seniority.

Gotta feeling it's gonna come back on them someday!

Not gonna be too many people feel sorry for them when
it happens.

Last edited:
SWAPA is creating a lot of "BAD KARMA" trying to steal AT Captain seats and seniority.

:laugh: Don't make me laugh.

No way in HELL trannies should get our money. I know its not about the money anyway. Stay on your own pay then, and commute to ATL forever.

Not one to chime in often, but this deserves one. Love all this talk about SWA culture from a bunch of guys who have not a single clue what SWA culture is. Remember this. SWA is probably one of the best companies out there to work for. They respect their employees, treat them well and pay them well. I love working for this company. They are not that way to their competitors. They are ruthless with a smile. For the Airtran guys to think we will simply roll over and give you everything you want goes against our nature. Remember. Just because you are owned by a SUBSIDIARY of our does not make you a SWA employee, nor does it automatically make you entitled to what we have and have earned. This will not go to arbitration. We will do our best to make this as palatable as possible. We want all of you to be happy...truly. Mark my word. If you push this too far it will end before it goes to an arbitrator and we will all be at a loss. This airline has teeth. Don"t let ALPA, who knows you are gone the second an agreement is reached convince you otherwise.

FACT. Airtran is no longer a competitor but part of your group. Treat them as such.

Latest resources

Back