• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA. "warriors"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, that makes sense. A lot of the SWA guys on here talk about how much time off they have, and I figured to be pulling down >$200K you probably had to be working more than most. More power to you... someone's got to do it.

Cheers

The SWA CONTRACT is pretty generous in days off per month in large part because the pilot work days are so productive. The don't make their time w rigs,they FLY it. That leaves lots of days off for the guys who hustle to go out and grab more. Throw in premium pay, etc and an FO can make fat Captain salary. For thosenof who want to hustle but who are restricted by contracts that limit us or lines that are unproductive it's pretty frustrating.

I think the SWA guys are fluffing up the contracts too much and are pushing themselves into uncompetitive legacy realms but that maybe should be tackled in another thread or at least after I have my breakfast!

So, as I've read here numerous times, WN pilots are well paid cause they're so productive. Now since the AA bankruptcy, WN CASM is just about the highest, if not the highest and GK has stated that WN needs to "increase productivity" to remain competitive. Where will this come from? Seems your schedules can't really become any more productive.

I'm sorry if this sounds like flame, but does Gary Kelly really refer to you guys as warriors? Do you guys buy that crap or roll your eyes?

Yes, he does. The monthly company magazine called "LUV Lines" is filled with that kind of stuff.

So, as I've read here numerous times, WN pilots are well paid cause they're so productive. Now since the AA bankruptcy, WN CASM is just about the highest, if not the highest and GK has stated that WN needs to "increase productivity" to remain competitive. Where will this come from? Seems your schedules can't really become any more productive.

First, WN CASM is nowhere near the highest. In fact, it's just about the lowest. Where will the productivity improvements come from? That's a really good question. Section 6 isn't going to be fun.

Thanks PCL for your defeatist attitude and knowlege of all that is southwest. It served you so well in your past life. You really 'helped' your brothers out.

Why not wait til you walk a step in our shoes before you you spout off about your great knowledge.

Oh, I forgot, welcome aboard.

Bury your head in the sand if you want. You have to be blind to not see what's coming.

Yes, he does. The monthly company magazine called "LUV Lines" is filled with that kind of stuff.

First, WN CASM is nowhere near the highest. In fact, it's just about the lowest. Where will the productivity improvements come from? That's a really good question. Section 6 isn't going to be fun.

Well I should have specified....."Pilot cost/aircraft seat mile"

The pilot cost per aircraft seat mile is the highest, at least in all the data I've been able to research. Ergo, when GK comes-a-knockin for cutting costs, the handy scapegoat will, as usual, be the greedy pilots.

Being a jack of all trades and therefore somewhat skilled in the art of plumbing, I know that turds typically roll downhill, and the Airtran group will make a handy scapegoat for cost-cutting. Will the pain be shared equally is my question.

Thanks PCL for your defeatist attitude and knowlege of all that is southwest. It served you so well in your past life. You really 'helped' your brothers out.

Why not wait til you walk a step in our shoes before you you spout off about your great knowledge.

Oh, I forgot, welcome aboard.

Why would sticking up for WN having low CASM and saying brace for a realistic possibility of a battle in contract negotiations ahead be a defeatist attitude?

Does your "warrior" attitude include attacking everyone you don't agree with?

It kills me how today's "Warriors" were the guys undercutting my wages and work rules 20 years ago......

Funny how they point the finger like earlier in this thread about how we are keepin' them down......

Ya, I buy that "crap." I would say most folks at SWA realize this is a brutal industry and we need to fight every day to keep SWA healthy and prosperous. We're not interested in losing our profit sharing or having some bankruptcy board change our wages. In addition, we are also not interested in showing up to work in a caustic environment where folks are not happy at their jobs. Not saying all airlines are like that, but talking to my buds, I know some are.

Servant's Heart
Warrior Spirit
Fun-Loving Attitude

These may sound trite to many, but it is how many of us roll at SWA. It's worked so far.

Tell that to an Airtran guy you just bent over......find his Luv or Spirit!

You guys need to get ovr yourselves.

Dan - how do you reconcile the polar opposite ideas in your first sentence?

We have a 'low CASM' and we have to 'brace for impact'?

And I welcome other opinions, but will also call a spade a spade.

PCL has cost his AT buddies (and some of my personal friends) hundreds of thousands of dollars and stated many times that he didn't want to work at SWA.

So, umm, no, I don't attack everyone. Just the ones that trying to bite the hand that feeds.

Latest resources

Back