SWA wants to fly from HOU to MEX and SouthAmerica

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
he wanted to put you down like AA did Legend at Love

Oh, that's cute. You think we're as vulnerable as Legend. You're in for a rude awakening, Flop. :)

Here is another article that very plainly reads that UAL is not trying to stop Southwest. Our position is the flights need to be done from IAH.

Which is effectively the same thing. Nice try, though.

Personally, if Jeff wanted a real cheap side letter outta me because he wanted to put you down like AA did Legend at Love, I would sign it in a heartbeat... QUOTE]
And this goes to show you how bankrupt your morals are, you are fully willing to break federal antitrust law and collude to drive out a competitor.

Just by making that statement you are breaking the law, go look:

http://www.antitrustinstitute.org/files/112.pdf

This whole UAL "we only want to compete out of IAH" is antitrust fodder.

And this goes to show you how bankrupt your morals are, you are fully willing to break federal antitrust law and collude to drive out a competitor.

Just by making that statement you are breaking the law, go look:

http://www.antitrustinstitute.org/files/112.pdf

This whole UAL "we only want to compete out of IAH" is antitrust fodder.

Look who's a lawyer?

I don't know if you'd go out of business or not? Pretty sure not. But I think you guys have gotten soft and fat and you don't want it as bad as I do. I simply want to compete. I want to defend my job and my company. I want what most of us want, competition on a level playing field. All of us at IAH, OR all of us at Hobby. I don't care.

Why was it ok for your airline to fly against the whole industry with lower pay and no pension for 25 years? But if I don't object to it, and AA does it, it's wrong? Worked pretty good for you in the end....

Look who's a lawyer?

I don't know if you'd go out of business or not? Pretty sure not. But I think you guys have gotten soft and fat and you don't want it as bad as I do. I simply want to compete. I want to defend my job and my company. I want what most of us want, competition on a level playing field. All of us at IAH, OR all of us at Hobby. I don't care.

Why was it ok for your airline to fly against the whole industry with lower pay and no pension for 25 years? But if I don't object to it, and AA does it, it's wrong? Worked pretty good for you in the end....

WOW WOW and WOW

If all should be at IAH or HOU, should not the whole industry follow ?

All flying must be flown out of LAX, JFK. MIA ,ORD just to name a few. No more several airports in any city.

PS As far as no pension, I heard they get profit sharing and 401k which is there money no mater what happens to the airline. I head some of there pilots retiring with almost 4M, to me that seems better that CAL or UAL pension

How much money are the UAL and CAL pilots retiring with in there pension?

Last edited:
Very interesting read Tex.

It looks like a projected 20% drop in market share for UCAL and they are debating that there prices are already competitive now and that there would be no 'Southwest Effect' on the pricing. Ahhh, yea right.

I think the UAL thesis that your "SWA effect" has diminished is about right. At the numbers you're talking about, you will lose 76m per year on the projected service. That's the UAL number and I think it's about right. It's like the 10,000 jobs number: your numbers are all garbage.

What these folks don't yet realize is the next part of the SWA plan: Get the competition off Hobby! You're not actually going to let those Mexican LCCs into Hobby. Or anybody else...

WOW WOW and WOW

If all should be at IAH or HOU, should not the whole industry follow ?

All flying must be flown out of LAX, JFK. MIA ,ORD just to name a few. No more several airports in any city.

PS As far as no pension, I heard they get profit sharing and 401k which is there money no mater what happens to the airline. I head some of there pilots retiring with almost 4M, to me that seems better that CAL or UAL pension

How much money are the UAL and CAL pilots retiring with in there pension?

Whatever amount SWA is ahead of the legacies in career dollars [everything] at this time, most legacies were even further ahead (by at least a factor of 2) of SWA at one time.

That really ought to be something you realize, even if you are very young right now...

I think the UAL thesis that your "SWA effect" has diminished is about right. At the numbers you're talking about, you will lose 76m per year on the projected service. That's the UAL number and I think it's about right. It's like the 10,000 jobs number: your numbers are all garbage.

What these folks don't yet realize is the next part of the SWA plan: Get the competition off Hobby! You're not actually going to let those Mexican LCCs into Hobby. Or anybody else...

United has 97 percent of the market share in the 12 cities that will most likely be targeted by SWA. I bet GK's pupils turned into dollar signs like mine did when he read that...

Latest resources

Back