SWA Update on JR bases for newhires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jumping the gun...

What are crash pads going for in OAK, BWI, MDW, MCO??

Just some more to get my mind off the May DB.

jsingel...

jsingel said:
TJ,
So what is the 3/22 class' timeline?

when do you finish checkrides?
when do you accomplish IOE?
what is your hardline month?
with three classes/month (4 in May), what is the projection for being able to bid out of Oakland; how many people need to be below you?

Man, you sound like my check airman captain I've been flying with the past three days...too many questions!

Checkrides for our class are done. I'm three days through my five day IOE pairings. My hardline month is all out of BWI. Haven't even thought about June yet. Hopefully, I'll be back in BWI in July.

Have fun in class.:)

crash pads in BWI are $160 to $170 a month you will not need a car. You can take a cab or the train. Hotles in the are run $64 which includes tax's a night. Reserve will only last for 3 months I think in BWI.

No crash pads in MCO nearby or in OAK. MCO crash pads require a car. MDW cras pads are 140-160 and you can walk to work.

How long on reserve in OAK? It seems like lots of junior guys would continuely be coming and taking hard lines for IOE and such...then move to another base.....

JJ

JumpJetter said:
How long on reserve in OAK? It seems like lots of junior guys would continuely be coming and taking hard lines for IOE and such...then move to another base.....

JJ

that is a problem at OAK, when i did my month out there as a new guy over a year ago i talked to a local guy who was still on reserve there after 10 months because of the constant hires. i heard that it is less now however and reserve for a cali local is pretty easy.

... why do all the kernels like to go to BWI. Do they feel like they are near mecca (andrews) or something ??

I don't see how you could hold a line out of any base out of training. Every base would have reserve lines, and the majority would go to newbies... by definition, you would be sitting reserve out of any base right out of training, probably for several months, at that.

Latest resources

Back