• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Upcoming Class Prep Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting, a HOU SWA F/O told me last night that the most junior F/O @ BWI right now is a Jul 07 class guy....I may have misunderstood him.

Guys I know hired in Jul 07 can't even hold MDW yet. It's OAK, PHX, LAS, HOU, MDW, MCO, BWI, DAL. My buddy just did his off probation check (so he's been there a year). He got displaced from MCO last month. He lives in BWI. He can't hold BWI yet.

I imagine, that any of you guys starting in April can pretty much count on OAK for the next year or so. Maybe PHX if you get lucky. Either way, it'll probably be reserve...but from what I hear, they constantly fly the reserves. Which is good for a commuter.

Last edited:
Now, THIS is a decent thread...

Pilots acting supportive of each other, giving good advice, remaining non-judgemental ( Well, except being jokingly mean about the Squids), and making sure Beer Drinking is mentioned every other sentence.

If only we were ALL able to remain so intelligent and civil when we make posts that cross Company Lines. (?)

A Man can Dream, can He NOT?

"I Have a Dream..." but lately, I awake to Nightmares during the Day.

YKMKR

Last edited:
Perfect10, Most junior guy in BWI is a 839 number. 28 March 07 hire date. I was looking at the wrong base....( dunce hat installed now)

So, for the April bid period. This is a list of the most junior FO in each base. Yea, I'm that bored today.

BWI- 03/28/07
DAL- 01/31/07
HOU- 06/27/07
PHX- 10/03/07
LAS- 09/07/07
MDW- 06/13/07
MCO- 04/18/07
OAK- 10/03/07

This list does not include the new hires for this year. Although, all went to OAK and PHX. Hope this helps.

PFCT10, you'll want PHX as soon as possible for ease of the commute to where you live.

Last edited:
The more you study before you go = the more playing you can do when you get there. Unless you like sitting in your hotel room by yourself for 5 weeks. #1 have a good time.

So, for the April bid period. This is a list of the most junior FO in each base. Yea, I'm that bored today.

BWI- 03/28/07
DAL- 01/31/07
HOU- 06/27/07
PHX- 10/03/07
LAS- 09/07/07
MDW- 06/13/07
MCO- 04/18/07
OAK- 10/03/07

This list does not include the new hires for this year. Although, all went to OAK and PHX. Hope this helps.

PFCT10, you'll want PHX as soon as possible for ease of the commute to where you live.
No worries! Guess we'll keep our fingers crossed!

I recommend 1 sausage, egg, and cheese taquito from Whataburger every morning with a large Dr. Pepper. It's great for a bowel flush and will likely earn you a civilian call sign within the first three days. Trust me, I know this to be fact.

Good Luck,

Squirt

Wow so PHX is actually more junior than LAS?

probably not for long. They are growing LAS again in May. The LAS base opening could not have been timed worse. The announcement in December about only getting 5 airplanes in 2008 plus the age 60 law passing, basically squelched almost all growth.

Traditionally a new base is grown with new planes/crews but with no growth, LAS is coming out of the hide of all the other bases, with the expected domino effect around the system.

I feel for you guys that get OAK and are unable to get out over the summer, I did that for a month from JAX and that was painful, doing it for 6 or 12 would really not be fun. But at least the commuter hotels are dangerous and California sucks out 1.1% (or something like that) of your pay even though you aren't a resident for their overly generous workers comp system.

firstthird,

Is it true that an FO got mugged outside the LaQuinta (or one of the other main commuter hotels) the other day?

Latest resources

Back