• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Upcoming Class Prep Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds about right. Someone started a thread on the swapa forum about getting his wallet and money taken at gunpoint at an OAK commuter hotel. Apparently there are some better ones that cost a little more and have less convenient van service. Best place to get that gouge will probably be from a few classes in front of you once you get to the training center. There are some union/company websites that track commuter hotel/crash pad situations too.

There have been a few pilots/FAs get mugged on overnights the last year or so, probably every year. Walking alone at night in the bad part of town, generally a bad ideal wherever you are. I think the thing that makes OAK commuter hotels different is that guys get mugged/accosted all the time in the daylight. Many guys talk of their ONE trip to Denny's or the convenience store and getting scared so bad by some guys or a guy with a gun that it was their one and only walking trip.

The recent guy in OAK only lost money/wallet, we had a guy a while back that got bashed on the head in CRP, woke up with a policeman's flashlight in his face, didn't remember anything, and I'm not sure if he has his medical back yet.

I'm probably not as careful as I should be either but some places are worse than others and OAK is one of those places.

Latest resources

Back