• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Upcoming Class Prep Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Memory items and flows. Then spend time with the family and relax. I am proof that any fool can get through the course. It is a great time and will go by very quickly. A spare liver would come in handy as well. Congrats and welcome aboard!!

Cool, except they didn't give us the profiles in the welcome packet----just the memory items, limitations and calls.

Oh no. Dude you are screwed if you don't know the profiles. I'd do whatever you had to so you know them cold first day.

Shack! :pimp:
Just drink beer and dread the 13 year upgrade. Glad you're here.

Gup

:) Guys/Gals,

For the poolies who are starting to dry off for class, there isn't a lot of time to study/prepare. The FedEx package they sent: "F/O Starter Kit" is really overwhelming---with less than 2 weeks to prepare and study (instead of at least 30 like they normally prefer) for the Apr 9 class, what should I/we study? Just trying to see what I/we should concentrate on to "get a head start" and be as prepared as possible. Guess the title should be: "If I was going to SWA training in less than 2 weeks, I'd study/prepare/memorize________, ________, _________, etc." Can you notice the anxiety setting in? Thanks!

You're already typed on the 737. Training shouldn't be much more than review. Just be extra careful to look out for fuselage cracks on the preflight. ;)

Dude-

You got a lot to do in a short time so get crackin. First, go to Spencers and get a Fart Machine (I recommend version 2). Then get a good coffee mug - you'll be glad you did when you get OPC with Ray.

Seriously...relax man. I was backpacking around Europe for 11 weeks, got back to the states and 2 days later got the call that I got a seat that just opened in the class starting 3 days later. Studyng before hand would help but you don't have to know everything when you show up. It's all about attitude here. There's some really good advice within the humor in the posts above, and ecb is spot on - look at that stuff a little every day and all will be good.

And PLEASE check the ego at the door, no one cares how you were the best squadron commander ever (if that's the case).

Welcome, brotha.

Just remember this, if I'm on your jumpseat and you're flying...and you engage the autopilot and say "airshow's over" I'll reach up and slap the side of your head.

For all the guys that show the more handsome side of their liver and personality with the info down cold I will happily make internet flash cards for all the poolies if someone will send me the info. If not that opens up a lot of free beer time for me.

Cheers

Cirrhosis more than one way to a rock hard abs.

The main thing you need to know is the Holiday Inn has a real nice half price buffet for lunch everyday. Find someone with a car a head back and eat there each day. Flows and callouts. You are going to have a blast. I agree with above....help the Navy guys....you know who you are...haha

since the fight is on, please tell the civilian guys shorts, sneakers, a webbed belt, and an OP t-shirt don't make for fancy bar attire. :O

Oh yeah and help us navy guys out...

And don't buy everything you see in the gift shop. You don't need that crap.

Latest resources

Back