• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

THEPRFCT10

Throttle to Thrust Lever!
:) Guys/Gals,

For the poolies who are starting to dry off for class, there isn't a lot of time to study/prepare. The FedEx package they sent: "F/O Starter Kit" is really overwhelming---with less than 2 weeks to prepare and study (instead of at least 30 like they normally prefer) for the Apr 9 class, what should I/we study? Just trying to see what I/we should concentrate on to "get a head start" and be as prepared as possible. Guess the title should be: "If I was going to SWA training in less than 2 weeks, I'd study/prepare/memorize________, ________, _________, etc." Can you notice the anxiety setting in? Thanks!

Last edited:
Personally? I'd learn how to drink beer while standing on my head.

Other than that I'd try to get a head start on memory items and flows if they included them. The rest of the course is spoon fed.

Giddee Up!
Gup

Try to stop thinking like you're still in the Air Force. You don't fly missions any more, you don't have good sorties, you don't worry about refusal speed or critical field length. Don't introduce yourself as Colonel and don't call people sir and ma'am. Don't try to wear your hat under your headset and for god's sake...leave the nomex gloves at home. Oh yea, don't try to fly the Guppy like its a F-16...you've got 137 people in the back that will thank you for that.

Just show up to Dallas and hope your liver makes it thru training. And give the Navy guys extra help...they always need it (especially the F-18 guys). Try to get paired up with a commuter pilot because they will help you thru training more than you can imagine.

Congrats...the long wait truly must have sucked but you've got a great job waiting for you on the other side.

Last edited:
Just sit in front of your laptop and have your wife say:

"Suspend"

"Resume"

"Suspend"

"Resume"

This will thoroughly prepare you for your OPC training with "all day Ray"

-fate

Got it! Looks like the long wait will be worth it! So far, looks like boxed memory items and checked items and flow are the most important! Funny posts, guys!

Just sit in front of your laptop and have your wife say:

"Suspend"

"Resume"

"Suspend"

"Resume"

This will thoroughly prepare you for your OPC training with "all day Ray"

-fate
I don't care who you are, but that's funny right there.

Although I believe it's "Resume operation!"/"Suspend operation"

Last edited:
I don't think "All Day Ray" is still teaching over there is he? Funny tidbit, Ray was a Navigator in the AF and never a pilot. Either way, he was a very nice gentleman just a bit long winded, especially for EPT.

PERFCT 10, just know the memory items and flows. I'm sure you already know how to drink beer!

Are you guys staying at the Rennaisance or Holiday Inn Select??

Last edited:
I don't think "All Day Ray" is still teaching over there is he? Funny tidbit, Ray was a Navigator in the AF and never a pilot. Either way, he was a very nice gentleman just a bit long winded, especially for EPT.

PERFCT 10, just know the memory items and flows. I'm sure you already know how to drink beer!

Are you guys staying at the Rennaisance or Holiday Inn Select??
Yeah, he's still there. We had him for OPC a few weeks ago.

Perfect 10-- I just finished class today. If you have any questions just shot me a PM.

Latest resources

Back