SWA took one step closer to being a regional carrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Life is tough...

Wow, things are rough...I'm in my second year, working 16 days this month and making 136 trips so far...this is tough!
May want to remind your wives that the rest of the world works Mon-Fri (8 days a month off), in a lousy job, and doesn't make half what we make....have fun if that's what you want to do...

RedBelly said:
I hope you get hired at FedEx... maybe try Home Depot, Lowes, or Micky D's too.

You gotta be kidding, right? Are you that hell bent on SWA that you think FedEX is a bad place. Give a rest dude.

May want to remind your wives that the rest of the world works Mon-Fri (8 days a month off), in a lousy job, and doesn't make half what we make....have fun if that's what you want to do...

So, the rest of the world that only gets 8 days off, when they go to work are they gone for 24hrs, 4-14 days at a time? A$$holes like you, that take what managment gives and are happy with it are why we are all getting screwed.

I hear you on the schedule. The side letter was not very clear and it was only a test. I think that's why few voted on it. We definitely don't want PBS.

So here we are needing $500 million in savings/increased revenue as hedges get less lucrative. JetBlue and Airtran are rolling in on us with average employee costs 2/3's of SWA. Something has to give.

Gary Kelly has not asked for pay cuts. Just increased "productivity". I knew lines with less time off were in the cards for us.

If we don't pony up he WILL ask for pay cuts.

Flyboeing, again a touch of reality on a pilot board. It is about the bottom line, its appears SWA under pressure to maintain its string of consecutive profitable quarters and is trying to increase productivity in order to do more with less money going out the door. SWA used to be the in the industry in terms of lowest CPSM, they are no longer the leader. They lead in the low fare category, with the highest paid pilots in the domestic passenger business. That is a tuff act to pull off. I think if you want to go to Fed Ex there is long line of SWA pilot applicants begging you to do it as soon as possible.

Now SO FAST!

Feb is a bad month to measure any of the lines.......the question I would ask is how many many of the Mar lines have 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 days off compared to lines in Jan?
I also agree the side letter was not very clear on exactly what was being done.....however as pointed out, it's a test period. So nothing is in cement!
I personally didn't see that much difference in the lines when you take into consideration that FEB is a short month.
Calling SWA a regional is a real stretch by any measure and while I hate to see good people leave. If you really think the grass is greener at Fed ex.....or any place else, then don't let the door hit you the %$$#@@

7S3W7A said:
For those who are contemplating going to jetBlue, FedEx, UPS, vs SWA go to the first three.

We just implemented our new work rule changes that a whole 30% of the pilots voted on and deleted many days off that we once enjoyed while not increasing our daily productivity one bit.

We are now a regional carrier and I've just dusted off my logbook to apply to FedEx.

LEAVE!!!! GO AWAY!!!! & DON"T FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR NAME!!!

FEDEX727FE sounds way better to me. I feel sorry for your new company.

Guys,

This 7s3w7a person is not a SWA pilot. He was questioned in the past and failed.

Although this side letter is a questionable short term change, February is a poor month to judge our schedules.

FlyBoeingJets said:
I hear you on the schedule. The side letter was not very clear and it was only a test. I think that's why few voted on it. We definitely don't want PBS.

Unfortunately, I have spent alot of time debating the pro's and con's of PBS and I would say PBS may be what both sides are looking for. PBS would allow management to gain more productivity by eliminating most of the month to month integration and scheduling problems (saved heads like LOA 31), and it also would allow pilots the ability to build a schedule that has high credit and lower days off or lower credit and more days off.

Their are some potential hidden surprises in PBS and it would take a lot of testing to work out the hidden surprises and to ensure that PBS is the solution is really what the pilot group wants.

livingmydream said:
FlyBoeingJets said:

Unfortunately, I have spent alot of time debating the pro's and con's of PBS and I would say PBS may be what both sides are looking for. PBS would allow management to gain more productivity by eliminating most of the month to month integration and scheduling problems (saved heads like LOA 31), and it also would allow pilots the ability to build a schedule that has high credit and lower days off or lower credit and more days off.

Their are some potential hidden surprises in PBS and it would take a lot of testing to work out the hidden surprises and to ensure that PBS is the solution is really what the pilot group wants.

Wrong.

PBS would be a horrible change to our schedules. I would lose 7% pay alone for vacation.

Are you really a poolie?

Latest resources

Back