Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Primarily QOL issues. Being based at home means everything. Not to mention that there is next to zero job security when your airplanes have some other company's name painted on the side with the words "connection" or "link" appended.

And that's it?

Money and contract aren't part of QOL?

SWA doesn't offer better job security than air tran?

Did you ever think that your contract demands and 95% strike vote led directly to you being sold?

Do you think your priorities are the priorities of most pilots?

And that's it?

Money and contract aren't part of QOL?

I was making $80k at Pinnacle, and living quite well. It wasn't about the money to me. I'm certainly not going to turn down money, and I'll always fight for improvements through pattern bargaining, but it wasn't the reason for my move.

As far as CBA, as I've told you repeatedly, I prefer my CBA over yours. Hell, most regionals have better reserve work rules than you do. Contracts aren't all about pay rates, which is all it seems that you care about.

SWA doesn't offer better job security than air tran?

If it does, then it's only marginally so, and even that's questionable. AirTran was growing and turning record profits consistently. SWA was stagnant, albeit still profitable. For job security, being at 92% on a combined seniority list isn't very reassuring.

Did you ever think that your contract demands and 95% strike vote led directly to you being sold?

Not a chance.

Do you think your priorities are the priorities of most pilots?

I don't claim to speak for anyone but me.

FYI,

SWAPA did have a full up strike vote back in 1989.

there are 1700 "new" swapa pilots that i bet would cross a swapa picket line in a heartbeat. they feel no loyalty to swapa, so you can forget about any more strike threats going forward. it is just a byproduct of all the LUV we have felt.

there are 1700 "new" swapa pilots that i bet would cross a swapa picket line in a heartbeat. they feel no loyalty to swapa, so you can forget about any more strike threats going forward. it is just a byproduct of all the LUV we have felt.

I will NOT cross a SWAPA picket line if it ever comes to that. A-hole.

There is a personal code I try to live by:
Faith
Family
Fraternity

It has served me well over the years I don't intend to ever disregard them. You should think about things that are important to you and live by them. "Pride comes before the downfall."

This is crap.

Scabs cross picket lines, not pissed off former AirTran guys. Especially not guys who used to run their union. You've just insulted every AirTran guy out there; do you really think the'd all become scabs, just to spite SWAPA? This may very well go down in FI history as the most universally-understood stupid thing ever asserted on this forum.

Bubba

This is crap.

Scabs cross picket lines, not pissed off former AirTran guys. Especially not guys who used to run their union. You've just insulted every AirTran guy out there; do you really think the'd all become scabs, just to spite SWAPA? This may very well go down in FI history as the most universally-understood stupid thing ever asserted on this forum.

Bubba

Gotta agree with this. No matter how pissed off I may be, I'd never cross a picket line. I'm sure 99% of the AirTran pilots agree. Of course, there are the few remaining guys who already crossed one line in '89, so I'm sure most of them would cross another.

i hope we never have to find out. you might be surprised. we voted to save our job one time, why do you think it would be different going forward?

i hope we never have to find out. you might be surprised. we voted to save our job one time, why do you think it would be different going forward?

First, I dispute the use of the term "we." :)

I just think crossing a picket line is an entirely different animal than voting away seniority out of fear.

BIG difference.

I'm with Bubba. Put the bottle down. Voting to swallow a sh!t sandwich has nothing to do with crossing a picket line. Period.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back