Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should move to Seattle PCL, the garbage collectors here make $80k.
All points of view are certainly singular- but I've flown at enough regionals to know work rules are certainly better here at SWA - not perfect and improvements can be made- but I'm curious what work rules you'd like to see changed?

One thing I will understand is that not everyone wanted a different career than air tran-

That said, I'm certainly sure there are a majority who are happy to be part of SWA now and view it as good- just wondering if you represented their view well PCL ?

The above exchange is why air tran pilots will fit in well- I wish there wasn't so much drama surrounding SLI

Moot point.
SWAPA has many braves, but few warriors
They will never walk the warpath
They care only about the wampum

Why even discuss it

there are 1700 "new" swapa pilots that i bet would cross a swapa picket line in a heartbeat. they feel no loyalty to swapa, so you can forget about any more strike threats going forward. it is just a byproduct of all the LUV we have felt.

Yea right. I love my company but I would never cross a picket line. Nor would any AT guy or girl. My personal funds would carry me and my family for a year.

You should move to Seattle PCL, the garbage collectors here make $80k.

No thanks. I'm doing pretty well outside aviation without collecting garbage. ;)

All points of view are certainly singular- but I've flown at enough regionals to know work rules are certainly better here at SWA - not perfect and improvements can be made- but I'm curious what work rules you'd like to see changed?

I would start with the reserve work rules, which are sub-regional. Those alone are enough to make me favor our CBA over yours.

That said, I'm certainly sure there are a majority who are happy to be part of SWA now and view it as good- just wondering if you represented their view well PCL ?

I didn't have any need to represent anyone's view but my own. Do you represent the views of others?

Sub regional reserve? I don't recall SWA having stand up overnights... I don't recall SWA having more days of reserve than regionals.

Scoreboard,

You have to add in Airport Ready Reserve to your list of questionable Airtran reserve practices.

Airport Ready Reserve is the epitome of Sub-Regional Reserve.

The days off at SW while on reserve are better than most majors I believe, far from regional reserve. Isn't that directly related to QOL?

SWA does have a very nice set of days off on reserve but how we get paid for that reserve month is sub par. However, if you learn the play the game you can actually make money by giving away reserve days. That is the only saving grace from our rules. We don't have a long call out thanks to our multiple closings of our open time on a daily basis. I have to rate SWA reserve rules a D+ due to the pay. However, if you can be a good player you can make it a B-.

I would start with the reserve work rules, which are sub-regional. Those alone are enough to make me favor our CBA over yours.

What the hell are you talking about?

We have 15-16 days off on reserve.

You cannot be JA'd while on Reserve.

Separate AM/PM Reserve lines that can only be changed with your approval.

Only 3 day or 4 day blocks.

No Airport Standby.

WTF? :confused:

Scoreboard,

You have to add in Airport Ready Reserve to your list of questionable Airtran reserve practices.

I used to call and ask to be put on ready reserve. Pays more and can potentially get you home earlier. Sometimes a full day earlier.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back