• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, but at Southwest we expect you to fly, correct that, we will make you fly. One of the reasons we have made a profit for 40+ years, no slackers. Looks like it's a good thing that the SWA pay happens when you cross into SWA land. At that level of inefficiency, we'd go broke.

At that level of inefficiency, we'd go broke.

Maybe there is no flying available because "the mother ship" is taking it away and not replacing it with ..anything. Fifty percent of the 737 Captains/FO's are on reserve with nothing to do.Talk about ..inefficiency..SWA is paying their employees (FL PEOPLE) to wait for the phone to ring. It makes QOL somewhat crappy.while not even coming close to guarantee. Oh, and you are welcome for FL showing you how to handle bags.I see from the latest standings..you are improving.

So your Captains are makin' 190k working only 780/year? Where do I sign up?

Over 200k and flew 710 hours in 2012 living in base (6% less than 2011). F/o at WN commuting will be a pay cut as well as hit to quality of life.

Too late to sign up.

Was in an elevator with a female WN captain about 8 months ago that told me I'd be getting a 50% pay raise and couldn't understand why I was not ecstatic about the deal. She didn't know that would be over 300K and was incorrect, I forgave her since she obviously had no idea what she was talking about.

Sorry, but at Southwest we expect you to fly, correct that, we will make you fly. One of the reasons we have made a profit for 40+ years, no slackers. Looks like it's a good thing that the SWA pay happens when you cross into SWA land. At that level of inefficiency, we'd go broke.

Well, it's SWA who are controlling our level of efficiency. Maybe you will go broke.

You may want to recheck that. You would be one of the most sr guys on the property. If AAI FO's got 4 digit seniority then we really got hosed.

As was posted before. That is not an employee number, that is a seniority number. I don't have a SWA employee number.

Got it. He asked employee number range so when you posted that I thought you left off an 8 or 9 for the first number. Do you guys not see where guys with your senority are going?

Got it. He asked employee number range so when you posted that I thought you left off an 8 or 9 for the first number. Do you guys not see where guys with your senority are going?

How would they . I don't understand with there senority what they would be able to bid .How would they ? There emp. No. Is not there bidding number.
Nor do I think the majority have a list of each SWA base to see where they fall.

The AT side are not able to go on CWA.

Last edited:

We all have copies of the combined seniority list. So it doesn't really matter what new seniority number we get, we know the SWA class that we are being blended with. The numbers they give us are ballpark, within 6-12months of the SWA DOH class from what I've seen. One of our pilots created a calculator that shows a reasonanble expection for what you could hold seniority wise in each SWA domicle for planning purposes. The calculator also projects your future seniority and potential upgrade date. Really neat tool. Actual base assignment is not known until the end of training, like any other new hire class.

How would they . I don't understand with there senority what they would be able to bid .How would they ? There emp. No. Is not there bidding number.
Nor do I think the majority have a list of each SWA base to see where they fall.

The AT side are not able to go on CWA.
One of our FO's had the entire list and you could see where everyone was on it. Hence a 2001 hire their would be 63xxx employee number or so and around the 79xxx on the combined list. I wasnt asking about each base just where he fell on the over all list. I was just wondering if they were supplied a MSL.

Thanks hummvee. I have seen that calculator it was a neat tool. Thats what I was asking.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back