• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow...we were expecting a staple, based on every previous SWA acquisition...so be "happy" the final result was closer to your expectations...

How many were there? I only know of one. Morris Air. Muse was never integrated. That was what you guys were really hoping for. That SWA would keep us separate and then slowly let us die. Like muse turned transtar. Morris had 21 planes. We had 140. When GK decides to buy JetBlue next, they aren't getting stapled either. Sounds like we all needed a little expectation management.

I just jumped in a SWA cockpit. They were talking about a letter all the pilots got from management saying that the company was getting ready to ask for pay cuts and concessions.

Maybe it's not going to be such a big pay raise for the AT guys....

Oh no!! Really?!?

Can you forward me that letter? I haven't received it yet!!

Because that is what management does. They tell you in advance that they are going to ask for pay cuts and concessions. :rolleyes:

You laugh but one of the Magnificent Seven couldn't make the scheduled 8:30am van for the July 14th Gary Kelly meeting. Our MEC Chair had to wait for him and take the next van. Little too much drinking at the MEC meeting the previous night. Pretty sad. One of the most important weeks in an AirTran pilots career, and one the MEC reps couldn't cut back on the drinking and focus on the task at hand.

I really hope he sues you for libel and slander.

Sure. Yea. Right.....
It was flight 1518 on 1/10. There were the two pilots, another SWA Captain also jumpseating and myself in the cockpit. Both the Captains had been at SWA for 25+ years and the FO was 10+ years. All three said they got the same letter - it was either from management or your union, I not sure which it was - about three days before. They also all agreed that the "LUV" between SWAPA and management was gone. Look up the Captain or FO and ask them. I've given you more than enough information to find out who they were.

But I understand your "Sure. Yea. Right". I'm not a SWA pilot so I should I not dare or consider myself worthy enough to make any comments about your airline.

How many were there? I only know of one. Morris Air. Muse was never integrated. That was what you guys were really hoping for. That SWA would keep us separate and then slowly let us die. Like muse turned transtar. Morris had 21 planes. We had 140. When GK decides to buy JetBlue next, they aren't getting stapled either. Sounds like we all needed a little expectation management.

You do realize that when SWA bought Morris, SWA only had about 150 aircraft . With the AT purchase SWA had about 550.

Also not sure why all the mud slinging is going on. It only makes Jim and PCL happy. Neither side is going to convince the other of there views .

You are clueless . Harm needs to be proven.

maybe the SWA pilots can sue you for slander/defamation. Many of times you have said publicly that we have small penises .

That's funny!

Nothing like finding common ground laughing at the obnoxious fat kid.

Latest resources

Back