• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess you forgot about the 9 yr CA Retention slots, 9 yr priority for all ATL vacancies (for both seats), minimum number of ATL RON aircraft, and of course the April 2012 pay raise.

The pay raise was to go into effect 4/1/2012 (start of Q2). SWA made a $485 million operating profit in Q2 2012. The AirTran pay raise would have cost SWA $20-25 million per quarter. Seems affordable to me. Not sure the B717 would have very profitable at $3/gallon Jet A and $220/hr for CA though.

How come our mechanics are happily on economic parity with their SWA brothers? Why isn't Gary Kelly climbing through loop holes not to pay AirTran mechanics SWA pay?

Still trying to justify screwing the AT pilots!

Still trying to justify screwing the AT pilots!

Plain and simple, if you feel like you got screwed, then blame your old CEO and BOD. They are the ones that sold you out without securing you anything.

Don't blame the SWA pilots. We are just as much pawns as you are.

How come our mechanics are happily on economic parity with their SWA brothers? Why isn't Gary Kelly climbing through loop holes not to pay AirTran mechanics SWA pay?

Didn't they lose 4 years seniority to the SWA mechanics? Just sayin'

Even AC and CJ blew holes in your so-called "protections." The merger attorney agreed with them that there were serious flaws. I'd hate to see what corporate labor attorneys could have done with it.

Because mechanic payroll amounts to a few million bucks, and pilot payroll amounts to $400 million.
Shouldn't you be spending your preparing for your upcoming DFR lawsuit deposition? You should be sitting down and prepping CJ, AC, and CG so they keep their stories straight during their depositions.

I calculate SIA #1 (pilot group) costing SWA about $20-25 million per quarter and about $2-3 million per quarter for the mechanic raise. I am not sure where you get $400 million?

Shouldn't you be spending your preparing for your upcoming DFR lawsuit deposition? You should be sitting down and prepping CJ, AC, and CG so they keep their stories straight during their depositions.

I calculate SIA #1 (pilot group) costing SWA about $20-25 million per quarter and about $2-3 million per quarter for the mechanic raise. I am not sure where you get $400 million?

Ahhh... yes, "Big Sis, Slick and Chuckle-Head", and of course, "Piggy" too..

Didn't they lose 4 years seniority to the SWA mechanics? Just sayin'

Its not about seniority - its about the money or is it about the seniority.... I'm confused?

Shouldn't you be spending your preparing for your upcoming DFR lawsuit deposition?

I'm pretty sure that anonymous screen names don't get deposed. You know, if depositions were actually going to happen anyway, which is highly unlikely.

Total ATN pilot payroll.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back