• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, if depositions were actually going to happen anyway, which is highly unlikely.
The District of North Georgia judge has order all discovery depositions be complete by this July and any motion for Summary Judgement be in by August. I have seen ALPA's list of people they would like to depose. It consists of the MC Chairman, MC Vice-Chairman, the only ATN MEC voting rep that voted for SIA #1, and you. Amazing ALPA doesn't want to depose any of the recalled ATN MEC reps like AC or CJ.

Total ATN pilot payroll.
I thought the total pilot payroll was about $250 million in 2010 when we were negotiating our new contract before you brought us back $40 million in gains with our new contract. That would seem to me to put our pilot payroll closer to $300 million. I know you would be including the $100 million in gains including in SIA #1 :)

Can't we all just get along?
This is FlightInfo. It would be boring if everyone agreed all the time :)

I think the dialog going forward between the ATN MEC and SWAPA will be much more productive. It looks like the new SWAPA president is a more constructive guy and wants to set a tone that helps all 8,000 pilots pull in the same direction (which is beneficial for all our careers).

I'm confused. How is SWA to speed up Airtran integration? I probably haven't looked back far enough in this thread to see it.

I have seen ALPA's list of people they would like to depose. It consists of the MC Chairman, MC Vice-Chairman, the only ATN MEC voting rep that voted for SIA #1, and you.

Me? I doubt anyone is interested in deposing an anonymous screen name.

I thought the total pilot payroll was about $250 million in 2010 when we were negotiating our new contract before you brought us back $40 million in gains with our new contract. That would seem to me to put our pilot payroll closer to $300 million. I know you would be including the $100 million in gains including in SIA #1 :)

Honestly, I can't remember what the exact number was. Haven't thought about it in a while. But whether $300 million, or $400 million, the point is the same: the company has a whole hell of a lot of reason to care about our pay jumping up, but not much reason to care that the mechanics' pay has jumped up. If you actually believe that SWA was going to pay us $100 million extra per year, then you're smoking some even weirder stuff than I already suspected you were.

I'm confused. How is SWA to speed up Airtran integration? I probably haven't looked back far enough in this thread to see it.
Sorry for the thread creep :)

I believe over the last few months, SWAPA has been pressuring management to complete the integration by 12/31/2014. That way SWAPA captures the maximum number of Captain seats for their pilots. There is a chance that on January 1, 2015, there will be no former AirTran pilots that are in the left seat. Of course, the January 2015 Captain vacancy bid (and probably the next 2-3 years worth of Captain vacancy bids after that) will be primarily filled by former AirTran pilots.

SWA management has come out recently and told Wall Street and the Southwest/AirTran employees that they intend to complete the AirTran integration by 1/1/2015.

My bad, I had you confused with someone else. You writing style is very similar to our former MEC Vice Chair :)

Sounds like a hell of a great guy. :D

Sounds like a hell of a great guy. :D
He isn't a bad guy. He did a great job securing $40 million/yr and a greatly improved reserve system for the AirTran pilots in 2010. Then, in 2011, he let his dislike of SWA and requirement to fly 900 hrs per year cloud his judgement of the merits and risks involved with SIA #1 and the benefits of a negotiated or arbitrated SLI package :)

He isn't a bad guy. He did a great job securing $40 million/yr and a greatly improved reserve system for the AirTran pilots in 2010. Then, in 2011, he let his dislike of SWA and requirement to fly 900 hrs per year cloud his judgement of the merits and risks involved with SIA #1 and the benefits of a negotiated or arbitrated SLI package :)

Just for complete, truthful disclosure, there may be a requirement to fly 700 hrs a year. Which in our system is much easier to do than one may think.

With vacations and couple sick calls I flew about 600 hours. No pickup and no giveaway. Alot of trading though which was only for certain days off.

Latest resources

Back