• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to have a Q1 loss?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think OYS knows what public negotiations look like. In this case Boeing and SWA.

Boeing also may owe an airline millions for late fees for a certain widebody. Air India is asking for $500 million now from Boeing for the same plane type. Your CFO announced a possible loss, and these rumors come up. I heard our guy at the same conference said regarding a question about those 717s "no comment.". That might say A LOT. Just asking..... Maybe you would replace them one for one with 737s?

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Any chance of not responding to OYS at all? Group effort.

You don't have to respond, but the rumors are out there. Btw, I don't wish anything bad on anyone. Eventually your 717s will be replaced, hopefully one for one with 737s. Maybe we can get them afterwards.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

PCL_128;2280077 listen to CFO Laura Wright from last week's conference: [I said:
"They (the B717s) are on lease with Boeing, and we are comfortable with the terms we have on those leases. If there was an opportunity that made sense from an economic stand point to reduce that fleet, we would certainly look at it, but we currently have the intent to continue to operate that fleet. With 88 airplanes, we feel like we can do it efficiently and economically."[/I]

Translation: if someone is willing to give us enough money for these airplanes then they are for sale. Right now no one is making an offer so we will operate them.

everything and everyone has its price.

So Southwest pilots have to start both engines before they can start taxiing? Does the company make you sit there while the second engine starts?

So Southwest pilots have to start both engines before they can start taxiing? Does the company make you sit there while the second engine starts?

No, we don't just sit there. We monitor the second engine start and have a verbal ballet between the captain and FO, to include a little air for our customers known as "isolating and ventilating". :D

What are we hearing? We're hearing that you're nothing but a flame baiting troll.

But if you want actual facts, listen to CFO Laura Wright from last week's conference:

"They (the B717s) are on lease with Boeing, and we are comfortable with the terms we have on those leases. If there was an opportunity that made sense from an economic stand point to reduce that fleet, we would certainly look at it, but we currently have the intent to continue to operate that fleet. With 88 airplanes, we feel like we can do it efficiently and economically."

Flame baiting troll?

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Yeah, flame baiting troll. All you do is instigate fights between SWA and Delta pilots. Granted, some of the SWA guys certainly don't help, but you're the one that starts all of it. I know it must be boring living in your mom's basement, but certainly you can find better ways to spend your time.

Latest resources

Back