• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to have a Q1 loss?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He lives in his mom's basement? I thought he lived in a van down by the river. Ah nevermind, that's someone else.

Yeah, flame baiting troll. All you do is instigate fights between SWA and Delta pilots. Granted, some of the SWA guys certainly don't help, but you're the one that starts all of it. I know it must be boring living in your mom's basement, but certainly you can find better ways to spend your time.

You said you knew "the ACTUAL facts" and now it seems like you might be wrong. I told you I was hearing rumors, and you shot me down. Admit it, it will set you free. Have a great day, and my Mom says hi.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
As for SE taxi-
Everyone who has operated anywhere else supports it+ some who haven't- the few that don't, like Prussian, seem to be regurgitating the common defense-
Had RJ FOs starting engine's routinely in and out of all kinds of airports (way more diverse flying than WN) and it was fine. It's not like other airlines don't have the same stuff to do before takeoff-
So how much credibility do we lose when everyone from the 20 year olds to other majors do it safely every day and we play the safety card ??

Agree with PCL and many other posters here- to not SE taxi is ridiculous

Did the Q1 potential loss cause this?

Gary Kelly won't discuss rumors that Delta will take its Boeing 717s

Terry Maxon/Reporter /aviationblog.dallasnews.com
5:11 PM on Wed., Mar. 21, 2012

Southwest Airlines picked up a fleet of 88 Boeing 717s when it acquired AirTran Airways last May. Chairman and chief executive officer Gary Kelly a few months later allowed that the 117-seat 717s didn't fit into Southwest's fleet type and that he'd rather fly only the bigger Boeing 737.
A rumor out of an industry meeting in Phoenix has Delta Air Lines as an interested acquirer of the AirTran aircraft. So we took the opportunity to ask Kelly during a media scrum Wednesday after Southwest's celebration of its first Boeing 737-800:

Us: Are you close to deal to send the Boeing 717s to Delta?
Kelly: "It's a rumor, so I don't comment on rumors."
Us: How about speculation?
Kelly: "I can't speculate, either."
Us: When do you think you might have closure on that rumor?
Kelly: "I can't comment. What I would say is that 717 is a fine airplane. We would be better suited with all 737s. If anything, we think our future is with bigger airplanes, not smaller. There's no secret that we're looking for a way to accelerate the retirement of the 717s out of our fleet. But in any event, we're going to operate the 717s for years. Otherwise, I'm aware of the rumors and I can't comment."
Last week at an investment conference, Delta president Ed Bastian carefully answered a question about Delta's possible interest in the AirTran 717s.
"We are looking at all arrangements, and we've taken note that Southwest has indicated a desire to exit the fleet," Bastian said at the J.P. Morgan conference. "I can't tell you whether that's going to be a decision Delta can take or not."

Godspeed!

The OYSter

As for SE taxi-
Everyone who has operated anywhere else supports it+ some who haven't- the few that don't, like Prussian, seem to be regurgitating the common defense-
Had RJ FOs starting engine's routinely in and out of all kinds of airports (way more diverse flying than WN) and it was fine. It's not like other airlines don't have the same stuff to do before takeoff-
So how much credibility do we lose when everyone from the 20 year olds to other majors do it safely every day and we play the safety card ??

Agree with PCL and many other posters here- to not SE taxi is ridiculous

#2 for takeoff about 6 months ago and watched an RJ start his takeoff roll, then abort. Turns out he-she-they forgot to start the second engine.

Bizarre mistakes can can happen because of hurrying, inexperience or fatigue. Mebbe SWA is just being very conservative?

Latest resources

Back