• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA, The Street's Love Fades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FedEx and UPS require the FE written to be done prior to starting training also. They may even require it to get called for interview. Since no interview = no job, I suppose that if PFT also?

Mayo Clinic requires its MD's to be graduates of medical school. PFT?

If you shell out 10,000 for a 73 type, and get hired at SWA at age 35, you have 25 years of service life. Depending on what Kit Darby/internet/flightinfo discussion you read, your earnings at SWA with salary, stock options, etc, may exceed 3-5 million dollars.

Senior Capt salary is 150-200K. :D

So 25 years you are paying $400 a year for that type, or $1.10 a day, till age 60. That is the price of Sundae at McDonalds.

Someone please tell me why this is so hard. :confused: Where can I pay buck and a dime a day and receive a secure airline job, with 3-5 million dollars career earnings? Where do I sign up?

PFT? Call it what you want. This is not pay 50,000 to log 1900 SIC time at Gulfstream.

I and many others do NOT consider this PFT.

You make too much sense for not having a dog in the fight!!!

I think Kelly is wrong here. The Management at the Legacies bitch slapped the pilots so hard that they will never fear them. The pilots showed their hand and proved that they would work for peanuts. Arpey, Tilton, Parker, Grinstein and Steenland are holding the chain, and will pull it. Otherwise, prove me wrong. There will be a bark, but no bite. God forbid we ever have to take a paycut, imagine how much farther down the Legacy rates would go. "get back what they feel they deserve", that time has come and gone. Why do you think "the street" loves the Legacies? Pilot costs that will never change.

Back on topic here, I have to agree with Kelly's statement. I have a college buddy at American who tells me that they are absolutely trying to get as much of their 30% cut returned to them as possible, if not the whole thing. Not saying it will happen, but it sure is going to be hard for mgmt to justify the current pay when it seems they've turned the corner from their bleak days after 9/11. If my friend is to be believed, there is enough animosity at American to warrant a strike, if there is not some restoration of compensation.

I find it very amusing (after the nausea subsides, that is) that the media is somehow able to praise the legacies right now, given that half of them are either in bankruptcy or fresh out of it, surviving only by a combination of the liberal "gubment cheez hand-outs" and the outright thievery of legacies' management in taking pay and pensions away. Yes, these folks are to be emulated!

Back to our regularly scheduled thread, SWA stock is tanking cause:

1. Cost of Oil is below where it should be.
2. Capacity is down.
3. Legacies have started to get a handle on the cost issue.

OK, back to our regular schedule of pro-SWA-anitSWA.

Stay tuned for our Girls Gone Wild videoes!!!!!!!!

Oh, and whoever MRYFLYER is, grow a nut and post your profile. Elsewise, your the kid in your parents basement for all we know, and care...

Longhorn, how about canceling some of these wachjobs who flamebait without any profile info?

Last edited:
Well you are right. I was paid by the military to learn to fly, my airline hired me and trained me after having been interviewed. But at SWA they won't interview you unless you shell out 7+K for a 737 type. What happens when they add a new type of airplane? Will everyone have to buy two type ratings in whatever they are flying? How about those schools that get rich off of SWA wannabes? I wonder if they are worried that the gravy train might be coming to an end when SWA stops hiring?

The domino effect of Texas Mental Midgets that are going to get sacked on this deal is large as say......Texas.

I'll say it again. You sir are a complete ass! So how about slamming the Fed Ex guys next. After all, they had to "pay" to get a FE written!

Midge
Mods, can you get rid of this embarressment to the industry?

Well you are right. I was paid by the military to learn to fly, my airline hired me and trained me after having been interviewed. But at SWA they won't interview you unless you shell out 7+K for a 737 type. What happens when they add a new type of airplane? Will everyone have to buy two type ratings in whatever they are flying? How about those schools that get rich off of SWA wannabes? I wonder if they are worried that the gravy train might be coming to an end when SWA stops hiring?

The domino effect of Texas Mental Midgets that are going to get sacked on this deal is large as say......Texas.

So, the truth comes out. He knows all about our hiring requirements, but claims he never got hired. He even knows how much it costs to get a 737 type! Busted!
Sorry, well no not really, you didn't get hired, but you know you can reapply in a year again! I'm sure you won't make it through again!

anywayyyyyyyy,
I bought LUV while it was on sale this week. Time to get some Delta stock at a buck a share too! Buy low. Sell high. Pretty simple, really.

anywayyyyyyyy,
I bought LUV while it was on sale this week. Time to get some Delta stock at a buck a share too! Buy low. Sell high. Pretty simple, really.

Do not buy Delta stock until they emerge from bankruptcy. When they do, chances are a new stock will be issued and the old stock will be worthless. You will not be given new stock because you held the old stock.

So, the truth comes out. He knows all about our hiring requirements, but claims he never got hired. He even knows how much it costs to get a 737 type! Busted!
Sorry, well no not really, you didn't get hired, but you know you can reapply in a year again! I'm sure you won't make it through again!

How do I know about the SWA process? It is written on here several times a month. Unlike you I do read most of the stuff that passes through here. I haven't a clue who the hiring coordinator is at SWA but you were proud to know the names of all the airline hiring folks.

As for the cost. If you look at the thread previous to my statement the guy posted that he payed over 7K for his type. Other than that I haven't a clue what 737 type is on the open market. A friend flies a challenger and said they pay 20K for those types. I presume that the range is 7+ since that is the number I posted.

I have never enjoyed short haul 737 flying. Did about 48 months on it and would never go back. A good corporate job is better than 737 flying any day of the week.

Latest resources

Back