• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Taking Applications March 9-23 until 5PM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gup- I am not trying to get into your fight with Tank but i think special consideration is made. I have a friend of a family who's dad worked at SW as a line pilot and his son got a job. The only reason why I say consideration was bc he had a DUI and it was never brought up. Which suprised me since all the pilots on the street with great records. And believe me this guy is nothing special.
GL to you.

That's how it worked before. Now they won't even entertain phone calls to 'pull someone' forward for the interview. It doesn't matter if you've been here 3yrs or 30. It's frustrating for alot of people.

Good luck guys.

I also have not gotten the link to the other site. I have a 737 type. I submitted at 11:18 am central, yesterday.

I reapplied to the posting this morning, with a PDF resume. Got the link about an hour ago. 737 Type.

Just checked mine again. Job status = "closed" and no 3rd email. (737 type, 9100 TT, 5800 PIC-T, copy and pasted resume) FML.

Of course... maybe a little patience is required...

Maybe if you take Instructordude,and Tankerclowns experience and put them together, they might meet the minimums to get hired.

It was about three hours after mine said "closed" when the third email arrived. Finished my app...the wait is like watching paint dry! WTF, I need a beer!
Just checked mine again. Job status = "closed" and no 3rd email. (737 type, 9100 TT, 5800 PIC-T, copy and pasted resume) FML.

Of course... maybe a little patience is required...

Last edited:
i got a third email but i wouldnt get depressed if you didnt get one yet, it comes from an individual and with the amount of applications they got, its going to take time. I would just give it a couple days. Just because we got emails too doesnt mean we are anywhere close to a job.

I'm confused... 1st email app received, 2nd personal email to go to website and fillout profile... What am I missing?

I'm confused... 1st email app received, 2nd personal email to go to website and fillout profile... What am I missing?

1st one subject "welcome to Southwest careers" appears to be when you set up a profile.

2nd one "your application has been recieved."

The 3rd one I guess sends you to a link to fill out the "full application."

Here's hoping they are reviewed by a real person. The only flight time numbers they have are on the resume itself, right? Which would mean a person would have to read it. I mean, I'm certainly qualified "on paper" and would hate to have been rejected simply by a computer that scans word documents.

Tanker clown and instructorDude are fictional characters- they're here to ******************** with you- they don't have "accurate info"

Btw- be patient- we got a msg on swalife that there is no priority given if youre the first or the last to apply during the window- and I know 3 currently w/o the type who have gotten the 3rd email-

So relax. It's all good- give the people in the people dept time to do their thing and don't make up conspiracies- I waited 3+ years to get an interview but got the job on the first try- others got the interview and job real quick w/o types and others interviewed 3 times before they got it-
It's best to do what you can- and everything you can: dot your t's cross your i's- but don't overthink

Latest resources

Back