• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Taking Applications March 9-23 until 5PM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have 2 types, neither is B737. I got the go ahead for the full application a couple of hours after initally applying... It makes you wonder how they are deciding who does or doesn't get the nod to pass go...

From what I've heard they are not weeding anyone out at this point (assuming you meet the mins). If you meet the mins, I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to fill out the full profile.

Speaking of type ratings. Anyone know who currently offers the cheapest program? Preferably with VA approval?

The SWA recruiters at the WAI conference in Reno recommended holding off on the type rating for those that didn't already have it. The reasoning was that it's too late to get it for this round of hiring and they were unsure if the requirement will be in place for subsequent rounds. FWIW.

Updated Resume

Looks like once you have submitted your initial application, you can't go in and update your resume (found 1 small typo). Does this option become available once you are invited to submit the full application?

I don't think the recruiters words about the type rating are accurate. I don't think we are going to lower our standards anytime soon. There was talk about lowering the minimums because of the acquisition but that must have been overruled.
If they aren't going to lower them now with the AirTran guys coming on board I doubt they lower them in the future.

I don't think the recruiters words about the type rating are accurate. I don't think we are going to lower our standards anytime soon. There was talk about lowering the minimums because of the acquisition but that must have been overruled.
If they aren't going to lower them now with the AirTran guys coming on board I doubt they lower them in the future.

Could be, just passing along what Rocky said. I think this was based on the 717 coming on property. Basically there is no reason to rush out and buy the type today because it is too late for this round of interviews. Might as well wait until you are hired during this round and then wait and see what happens with the requirements for future hiring. I'm just throwing it out there for folks to think about.

I don't really consider dropping the type requirement as "lowering the standards", it has not been a requirement to get hired in some time. I do already have the type, by the way.

Last edited:
So has anyone been able to upload a resume using Microsoft Word or is everyone having to upload via PDF or the SWA resume builder?

Log on to the careers site and click on "Saved Resumes", you can then upload a new resume and delete the old one. I had to do that a couple times. Once you upload a resume be sure that you can open it from the website. Mine kept coming back corrupted until I switched to a .pdf file.

This might help some...
Upload your Word .doc resume to Google documents (or write it here), then choose to download file. It will give you the ability to download in various filetypes, including PDF. Worked great and formatting was preserved.

Got it uploaded as a PDF...never would take it as a word.doc file. I did update my saved resume...I think the application still has the old one attached to it though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back