• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA searching for more deals, SWAPA salivating----article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They hung on to arbitration and we were unwilling to go there....Y'all have fun saving the industry with your flavor of fairness and statute interpretation.

Of course you were. Because "y'all" knew your staple job was unfair and that arbitrator would have deep sixed it in a NY minute. I guess that makes you pretty much the same as the USAPA pickleballers when it comes to SLI.

Good thing your CEO recognized his pilot group's arrogance and greed would have created another "Cactus" situation and pulled the plug on the deal.

Of course you were. Because "y'all" knew your staple job was unfair and that arbitrator would have deep sixed it in a NY minute. I guess that makes you pretty much the same as the USAPA pickleballers when it comes to SLI.

Good thing your CEO recognized his pilot group's arrogance and greed would have created another "Cactus" situation and pulled the plug on the deal.

HENCE the title of a previous thread----is SWAPA the next USAPA??? Sounds a lot like it. They are willing to treat possible fellow employees like dirt, with no repsect whatsoever. That doesn't mean SWA should just agree to DOH or even relative seniorty, but a Staple is ridiculous. Oh well, we'll just have to wait to see who Gary Kelly wants to "offer the JEWELS OF THE WORLD to next......."(actually jewels of the 48 contiguous states)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just learned that WN is looking to Spirit as their next acquisition by January.
I have several friends in DTW and they're saying "all aboard" for any offer from Wn.
They're practically giddy over this rumor.

You must be "Debbie Downer." Goodnight Debbie, and make sure you "do Dallas" right---Love Field that is...

"Debbie Downer", ah, good one...not. Hardly, It's just so hard to do anything on a short 24 hour international layover, other than a meal and a few cold beers that is. And with your 12 hour rule you'll have a small window of time to enjoy local beer and wine. Don't mean to denigrate international flying -- I'm sure it must be a FANTASTIC and exciting life for you.

Dallas Love huh ? A bit short for a 76 don't you think ? I'm sure it's a great place though...

Wonder it things were different and F9 went out and purchased bankrupt Sun Country. How many here think the F9 guys would agree to relative seniority with Sun Country?

Wonder it things were different and F9 went out and purchased bankrupt Sun Country. How many here think the F9 guys would agree to relative seniority with Sun Country?

Not sure what FAPA would say, but if AirTran was purchasing Sun Country, I'd certainly be advocating something along the lines of a ratio'd integration. Why do you think you're better than them?

GK said bankrupt airlines... AS is farther away from bankruptcy then any other airline. I take GK at his word. There is no way he is going after AS.

Sun Country, Spirit... maybe AAI. Good luck to you all sounds like SWAPA and LUV will take really good care of you!

AAI is profitable in every quarter this year with a projected record profit for the year. Bankruptcy isn't in our cards.

Thank GAWD you left DL and went to SWA, where you may make more money for the time being (nobody knows the future, except SWAPA???). Also, you can do the same type of flying at SWA that you did on the MD88---and never really did see the "E Concourse." Wow, your DL buds would kill to have your 3/2/3 legger? You must be the number 1 FO somewhere, because NOT ALL TRIPS at SWA are even close to that. How do I know? I have friends at SWA (believe it), and they complain about being tired. They would KILL to have 1 leg to Rome, 24 hours there eating good food, and then one leg back--all worth 20 hours too. Can you believe it? No, you can't, because you ONLY flew the MD88 at DL, and never tried the INTL stuff. It is a totally different airline. Things can't be broken when you go across the pond. We get better food, and we get to see great places on DL dime----not West Texas like you do. And guess what chief? You have another 30 years to see every one of those cities, again, and again. Enjoy it pal. If I want to go back to domestic, I will. It is great to have a choice---which is totally FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Pretty soon you'll have to early retire and go to work for a regional to do that. Funny how you keep comparing SWA schedule to yours on the ER. And you just choose to ignore stuff like CRJ's to Canada flying routes that used to be mainline Delta - just like many domestice cities that used to be mainline Delta. FANTASTIC growth opportunites for regional pilots thanks to their Delta brothers. Or maybe I have it wrong, it isn't outsourcing jobs, maybe "Right from Richard" doesn't trust Delta pilots to fly domestic anymore just like Gary doesn't trust us to cross the border...

Latest resources

Back