• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA searching for more deals, SWAPA salivating----article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SLI issues aside, either AT or ALA seem to make the most sense for SW. Personally, I'd like to see a AT/ALA combination.

SLI issues aside, either AT or ALA seem to make the most sense for SW. Personally, I'd like to see a AT/ALA combination.

Me, too. I'm not all that anxious to be assimilated by either DAL or SWA borg.

Pretty soon you'll have to early retire and go to work for a regional to do that. Funny how you keep comparing SWA schedule to yours on the ER. And you just choose to ignore stuff like CRJ's to Canada flying routes that used to be mainline Delta - just like many domestice cities that used to be mainline Delta. FANTASTIC growth opportunites for regional pilots thanks to their Delta brothers. Or maybe I have it wrong, it isn't outsourcing jobs, maybe "Right from Richard" doesn't trust Delta pilots to fly domestic anymore just like Gary doesn't trust us to cross the border...
Yeah, kind of funny that we leave the border crossing to the little rj folks and the big 737 pilots at swa can't handle it!

"Pushing the auction back to get an agreement shows how interested SWA is in this transaction. Ultimately they'll probably press forward with or without the pilots coming to an agrement"

Wait, who said that.... was that me ...

They failed to get the auction pushed back, they failed to foresee even the need for pilot integration, they failed to plan for an integration and thus they failed in their attempt to acquire F9 and were beat by RAH. Proper prior planning should help next time.

I'm thinking they're looking Sun Country's way.

Is spirit in Ch 11?

No. Spirit is making money.

Spirit might or might not be for sale. Spirit belongs to people who intend to make a huge IPO profit so I doubt that Spirit would be sold to SWA.

I predict that the Spirit pilots will fight any SWAPA take over. I also predict that ALPA will dump all over the Spirit pilots as they try to "TWA" that group and get SWAPA's favor.

Does honor exist among thieves?

They failed to get the auction pushed back, they failed to foresee even the need for pilot integration, they failed to plan for an integration and thus they failed in their attempt to acquire F9 and were beat by RAH. Proper prior planning should help next time.

Just busting chops on your failure in prognostication FD ... "press on with or without...." Thin skin for you just like the General?

Just busting chops on your failure in prognostication FD ... "press on with or without...." Thin skin for you just like the General?

Just calling it the way I see it, nothing personal. SWA is a great company, with a lot of great folks, they're obviously in the hunt for some growth through acquisition. The rules have changed, it caught them off guard, they'll have to adapt their strategy and I'm sure they will.

So Spirit is privately owned...oaktree equity group...I dont see swa doing that

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back